• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Conditions up here in Central Pennsylvania were pretty good Tonight,was able to snag a contact #334 from Alabama for a few minutes,sounded like bumblebees in the background with all the stations out there trying to make connections,it's around 8pm and it's quieted down a bit now, compared to earlier in the evening!!
I believe I heard you 575.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
I heard a 575 and called but even though I was hearing NY and PA no one was hearing me. Must be my cheap homemade antenna...........

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
The band was blown open here today.
About 3 this afternoon I was in the pickup about 3500 feet up in the Sierra and worked Tripple 1 in Australia and then 629 in the big truck in Florida back to back.
Good conditions, I spent 30 min calling cq on 10 meters and did not hear anyone.
Went back to 11 meters and worked Tennessee, Georgia and heard Strawberry calling from the big Island.
Need to get some ops up on 10 or down on 12 meters when the band is open like this.

Jeff

This morning I hear a mobile from Austria on 11 meter .365 LSB. Couldn't get back to him.

Last several days have made a few good (for me) 10 meter contacts.

North West USA & British Columbia

Several to each Italy, Mexico, Chili, Brazil, Costa Rica, Panama, Argentina

Namibia, New Zealand, Canary Islands

Yesterday afternoon the skip was crazy on 385. It was coming in from everywhere. Heard alot of NeedleBsnders and World radio operators. Of course I could make a contact to save my life.
I hear you, I turned on the Ranger last evening and it sounded like bumblebee's with all the stations in the background,then got quiet,No contacts on this end!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.