• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

For the past few days all I've heard is Jamaica. Everyone else is in the weeds. I don't have the power to talk them, unfortunately. Hopefully when we get moved I'll have a better opportunity to talk to them.

For the past few days all I've heard is Jamaica. Everyone else is in the weeds. I don't have the power to talk them, unfortunately. Hopefully when we get moved I'll have a better opportunity to talk to them.
It's not always about how much power you run,it's if the Conditions in the sky and sunspot activity cooperates if I remember correctly, Keep trying,back in the 90s I had a Galaxy Saturn 25 Watt on SSB hooked to a antron 99,worked almost the entire world!!

Reactions: cralt
yesterday about 2 to 3 pm both 10 and 11 meters had activity,no rawger charlee foxtrot on 28 425 but actual people talking . i made contac with a person in towanda ny and we chatted a good 5 minutes n he faded away

Reactions: Crawdad

This is one of the reasons I VERY much prefer SSB over AM. It makes things so much easier even with low power. I am on the east coast of Canada and my first DX was with a Midland 13-898B, 23 channel SSB base with a 5/8 wave groundplane and the stock 12 watts pep. My very first QSL card EVER was from Nanortalik Greenland. I worked all over Europe and well into the USA and some West Indies stations with that until I upgraded the antenna and radio and eventually built a small amplifier and ran 100 watts At that point it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

I keep trying to make contacts but mother nature is sometimes a b&tch.
It's a bit discouraging when I hear Jamaica talking to the east coast ànd and parts of the Ohio valley and I can't talk across the street. LOL

Reactions: Rwb
I keep trying to make contacts but mother nature is sometimes a b&tch.
It's a bit discouraging when I hear Jamaica talking to the east coast ànd and parts of the Ohio valley and I can't talk across the street. LOL

There's quite a few pieces to the DX puzzle and big radiated power is not the most important one. Location, location, location. Antenna, antenna, antenna.

A radio with a quality receiver is also important. Few CBs/Exports have one. Thought mine did until I was fortunate enough to get a quality receiver. Huge difference.

No doubt you will get there in the end.

73 sir

Reactions: Rwb
And of course I'm sure everyone is hearing the mental midget "Super Dave" aka Delta Tango 306 aka Chris Sweeney, AKA Sheriff Bob aka AE5QJ and his equally sick druggie midget W979 "big boss of the south" aka Matt Bohl aka W7ZFG raising hell, jamming,and calling names and all sorts of other BS !

Lol
These idiots used to be members here.
They sit on 38 because they have nothing valid to do with there life, switching to another channel untill the band changes works well.
They park on 38 because they get a rise out of people dumb enough to argue with them on the air.

Jeff

Being in this hobby for a better part of 40 yrs I think I have a pretty good idea how things work.
I have a pretty good setup, it's not the greatest or best, but it works for me. I have had better setups but life changed and had to make sacrifices.
Now I sit here and wait for the cycle to change.
Roger on your experience. Your posts made it sound as if you were not. Just trying to assist.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.