• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Some good conditions from the northeast this morning.
I made it on Radioman 260's videogate.

I am at the 10:28:35 on the mobile antenna then later at the 10:38:20 (about 17:35 youtube video time) using my 2 element beam just 12 feet off the ground. I am running my Stryker 955 with a Ranger Sra 198. Nothing has been done to the radio other then the conversion for 11 meters.

Last edited:
AM or SSB? I stayed away from 38lsb…too many stations…36, 37 or 39 was much better to understand numbers and such.
Yeah I was on SSB and I did connect to Arizona once but not after that. In the afternoon I put my Uniden PC-122 back in the car to try it on my new Tram 3500 antenna (Which has a Flat Line SWR ) and couldn't connect with anyone. I did jump to 39 SSB to get away from the mess and had Northern Idaho bombing in but still couldn't connect. I have to figure out if my KL-203 P has a problem or not. Time to get my buddy to come up and talk to me on my base to check it out. Sometime life is a Contest ! LOL

It’s hopping today too but not as wild as yesterday. Nice contacts with mid-west, east coast and Canada. There was also some jerk (SSB police) telling guys how bad they sounded, Roger beeps, waving…what an miserable angry man.

11 meter really ripping today but couldn't make a contact to save my butt.
I lucked out here in SC Missouri and made 4 contacts to the high desert of Southern California. Yes, it was ripping!

It’s hopping today too but not as wild as yesterday. Nice contacts with mid-west, east coast and Canada. There was also some jerk (SSB police) telling guys how bad they sounded, Roger beeps, waving…what an miserable angry man.

AM or SSB? I stayed away from 38lsb…too many stations…36, 37 or 39 was much better to understand numbers and such.
Yeah there is always some miserable immature back-side that ruins it for everyone. Some people should just do themself and everyone else a favor and step into the traffic or find a high bridge to jump from. They were tormenting the waves today also.

Yeah I was on SSB and I did connect to Arizona once but not after that. In the afternoon I put my Uniden PC-122 back in the car to try it on my new Tram 3500 antenna (Which has a Flat Line SWR ) and couldn't connect with anyone. I did jump to 39 SSB to get away from the mess and had Northern Idaho bombing in but still couldn't connect. I have to figure out if my KL-203 P has a problem or not. Time to get my buddy to come up and talk to me on my base to check it out. Sometime life is a Contest ! LOL
I am sure your station is working fine. There were a lot of big stations out there. I would think the same when I ran my 203….with the 503 and conditions not as much.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.