• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

A first for me while in my car today, heard Germany & Netherlands but didn't even try to get back to them because I doubt my little KL-203 P and Tram 3500 would cut it. Someday when I'm not on a mission I'll try !
It may well do just fine, when the band is open it is common to work Dx mobile.
This is a fun band when the conditions are right.

Jeff

CB died here, years ago - except for the skip, and the occasional truckers nearby. But, the truckers are dwindling down on the CB - at least here.

I used to have a shop, shut it down due to lack of business. It "died"!!!! Consumer stuff is junk - landfill filler, not worth repairing, so I just closed shop.
Cb's and gmrs are abound in so.nevada. especially Pahrump, Nevada, takes the 1st prize in Nevada. 50% preppers and they are the CB'ers as well ,lol at night its like the 70's with only 23 channels hahaha,remember that? Crazy back then.

Thanks for the heads-up. Next time I'll try !
I here dx in my car daily
Worked today NC, TN, GA, TX, VA on AM and vertical GP.I
Heard many more, but I didn't call.
Out of our sloper dipole we got several states today 10.21.22 tenn. Ga. FL. NC AL. Ak, TX and good ol Mississippi. 19 solid contacts, >8 of which was more than 1 minute, 1 and half min. roughly. I thought was a good couple hours when skip turned on,and off...then back on...lol

Well............just for shits and giggles, I took the 5555NII out of the truck and took the 6666 for a spin this week. Finally made some decent DX contacts Friday! Best one was 163 mobile in Wales, England! Also made a couple others, Northern Alberta and Idaho! I was about 40 miles south of Columbus, Oh. rolling down rte. 62/3 headed to Washington Courthouse, Oh.! This was on 27.375LSB and 27.425 LSB.

JD

Not much for conditions here today. This morning they would fade in and out but this evening nada. The good streak lasted almost 3 weeks so I won't complain.

I'm off the key for a few days anyway. The upper level high and low positions are creating one heck of a wind storm tonight going into tomorrow night. 40 to 50 mph sustained with 60 to 70 mph gusts so I'm scoping down and laying it over until it passes. I've lost a fair share of antlers in this oart of the world......Flipping the switch to the attic dipole so not expecting anything phenomenal.

For you fellas with propagation on your side, enjoy it!

Today was one for the record books. I logged 10 contacts in 2 hours : 1240 in Sheboygan, WI; 27 in Michigan; 223 in Romeoville, IL; 247 in IL; WR 1591 in No. MI; 353 in Ft. Worth, TX; 969 90 miles north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada; 222 in Western Mass.; 305 in NW CT; 506 in WI; and then came back an hour later and connected with fellow WWDX member 226 in W. TX on LSB 16. A few more contacts were started but then lost over the pile-ups.

Portugal was coming in big time. I heard several U.S. stations talking to one guy on LSB 36 and then on LSB 38. I also picked up several stations in Portugal talking to each other on LSB 29.

I was using a 1/4 wave Marconi ground plane that I set up with a 102" stainless steel whip for the vertical radiator. The base of the antenna was barely 6' off of the ground. The radio was a stock, 40+ year old TRC 490 Realistic Navaho with an equally old Turner Super Side Kick. Legal power only. The radio has never been tweaked.

When conditions are right the sky really is the limit.

Last edited:
Most of my contacts were from the north east. It started early in the morning on LSB 37 & 38
316 Antigua, West Indies, 2TW501 Florida, 998 Canada, 428 Long Island, 424 Maryland, Unit 8 Maine, 363 N C, 0426 PA, 502 NJ, 125 RI, and lastly our good friend WWDX member Rick330man 404 Miami on LSB 16

I was on and off most of the day. Total radio time around 3 hours. Definitely a good day!! :) :) High hopes for tomorrow.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?