• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Anybody heard of him, always hoping to run onto forum members. But haven't had any radio room time with my jobs I been working on, but the McKinley mic is getting modded tonight so I get my mobile time on the air.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
Finally stopped raining in SoCal. Hey we even had a EF1 tornado a few miles from me…wild!!!

Called out and a local said I sounded like I was starving for power. Weird…couldn’t figure out why. Turned off my headlights and bam…full power, sounding good!! Even made a contact with a Jamaica station!! I think I need an alternator with more amps.

Finally stopped raining in SoCal. Hey we even had a EF1 tornado a few miles from me…wild!!!

Called out and a local said I sounded like I was starving for power. Weird…couldn’t figure out why. Turned off my headlights and bam…full power, sounding good!! Even made a contact with a Jamaica station!! I think I need an alternator with more amps
Yes, I saw you had a tornado there. I thought wth?? A tornado? Strange weather we're having around the US, brother.
I'm glad the rain is easing up for you, and hopefully will give you a chance to dry out a little.

Every time I turn on the radio I hear a lot of chatter. I just haven't been able to chat with anyone. I've been trying to figure out a mic issue as of late. Some days it works, some days it don't. Last radio check I got I was told my audio was real quiet. That was on the stock mic. Ever since, it has given me fits. Earlier this week I hit a truck stop and picked up an astatic 636L. I wired it up today and it looks like I have audio again. I'll be checking with a few stations when I can.

Called out and a local said I sounded like I was starving for power. Weird…couldn’t figure out why. Turned off my headlights and bam…full power, sounding good!! Even made a contact with a Jamaica station!! I think I need an alternator with more amps.
What amp you running ???

Reactions: ForestRunner98

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.