• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Well, can you gents kindly give a report on what the band has been like lately. I'm hoping to be back in business within the next week or two and can't wait. In the midst of getting other things squared away, I should have a temporary pole mast up this week with everything else slowly coming together behind it.

I'm ready for a DX fix!
It's been too quiet in our part of the world. Been looking at the forecasts and the past few days were listed as Good, but they weren't here. I'm sure it will pick up soon. I'm going to guess by the time you're ready, DX may be hopping for us again.
Glad to hear you getting close.
I'm ready for a DX fix too!!

It's been too quiet in our part of the world. Been looking at the forecasts and the past few days were listed as Good, but they weren't here. I'm sure it will pick up soon. I'm going to guess by the time you're ready, DX may be hopping for us again.
Glad to hear you getting close.
I'm ready for a DX fix too!!
Yes sir, I'm glad to be getting close too!
That's wild the way it works, when I took the station down the dx was almost a guarantee every day. There's a couple new radios up to bat with a little more POWA so I'm ready to see how they do.

Come on DX!

Well, can you gents kindly give a report on what the band has been like lately. I'm hoping to be back in business within the next week or two and can't wait. In the midst of getting other things squared away, I should have a temporary pole mast up this week with everything else slowly coming together behind it.

I'm ready for a DX fix!
It's like Brother said you haven't been missing much. kind of surprising how the bottom dropped out compared to the winter time. Hope it is the calm before the storm !

New here. Just registered minutes ago. Looked for a forum because I wanted to see if others had experienced a slow down in DX lately. I thought maybe something was wrong with my set-up since I haven't heard DX for days, while a few weeks ago it was going strong daily. Sounds like others are, indeed noticing the same thing. I recently fabricated a ground plane for my A99 and have only made one contact since. So, I was kinda wondering. Looking forward to better conditions to give it a fair test. I have high hopes since my already great SWR improved with ground plane added. 1:1 across all 40 channels! An amazing yet unexpected surprise! Also looking forward to learning more from those of you who are much more experienced than I am. I toyed around with CB when I was a kid but only recently got back into it. So, still pretty much a newbie!

New here. Just registered minutes ago. Looked for a forum because I wanted to see if others had experienced a slow down in DX lately. I thought maybe something was wrong with my set-up since I haven't heard DX for days, while a few weeks ago it was going strong daily. Sounds like others are, indeed noticing the same thing. I recently fabricated a ground plane for my A99 and have only made one contact since. So, I was kinda wondering. Looking forward to better conditions to give it a fair test. I have high hopes since my already great SWR improved with ground plane added. 1:1 across all 40 channels! An amazing yet unexpected surprise! Also looking forward to learning more from those of you who are much more experienced than I am. I toyed around with CB when I was a kid but only recently got back into it. So, still pretty much a newbie!
Welcome to the Forum,great bunch of People here who Love Radio,dont hesitate to ask questions or for help if needed........as for 11 meter's being quiet,I believe that there was a Solar storm a couple days ago if I remember correctly that kinda squashed the DX, hopefully it will return in the days to come!!!

73's
WDX -1863
Steve

Welcome to the Forum,great bunch of People here who Love Radio,dont hesitate to ask questions or for help if needed........as for 11 meter's being quiet,I believe that there was a Solar storm a couple days ago if I remember correctly that kinda squashed the DX, hopefully it will return in the days to come!!!

73's
WDX -1863
Steve
Thanks for the welcome! It'll be fun to learn stuff from all of you! I'm not heavily into it with a huge set-up or anything, but I do enjoy making DX contacts when I can. I go by 999 North Dakota. Maybe we'll talk someday! Personal is Don. Maybe you or someone else can help with a question I have. I have searched around for a propagation map that actually makes sense to me. I've found some but really don't know how to interpret them very well. I read somewhere that "redder is better". If that's true, it hasn't been red over me for some time. Maybe that's why it's been quiet? Have a good one. 73's!

• Haha
Reactions: groundwire
There has been no radio propagation because we just had a major g4 solar storm which hit earth directly. We have had radio blackouts for awhile now, and the earth is still getting hit by fast wind and unsettled geomagnetic conditions right now. In other words dont hold your breath, its gonna be awhile for things to settle down and for hf radio propagationg to start up again.solarn0nbh (1).gif

Last edited:
There has been no radio propagation because we just had a major g4 solar storm which hit earth directly. We have had radio blackouts for awhile now, and the earth is still getting hit by fast wind and unsettled geomagnetic conditions right now. In other words dont hold your breath, its gonna be awhile for things to settle down and for hf radio propagationg to start up again.View attachment 63648
Yeah, I figured it could be something like that considering the aurora were going pretty good for several nights in a row. I feel better about it most likely not being my setup.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.