• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

last nite,friday nite was lot diffrent. chatted not just made contac with about 6 guys on the east coast of the carolina area. we had a great discusion about weather and radios. they were all on 33 am. said every night they were there

last nite,friday nite was lot diffrent. chatted not just made contac with about 6 guys on the east coast of the carolina area. we had a great discusion about weather and radios. they were all on 33 am. said every night they were there
Thanks for the tip. Sunbulls just repaired my little 19 ultra for me and it is really walking the dog in modulation so I'll have to try it out if I can reach those guys. Many Thanks to Sunbulls !

Had a nice QSO with a gentleman in Orlando yesterday morning on one of the uppers. Running my stock 2950 with a MFJ Penetrater on SSB.
Silver dollar onthe other end running a Cobra 2k with a DSS VFO. very clean.

Reactions: Rwb
One of the previous owners of my 139XLR modded the clarifier. The 5 khz swing was just too touchy on the stock control , so I switched to a 10-turn pot. Still a PITA. So I put the Cobra on the bench and set the clarifier back to stock. Never did like unlocked clarifiers, because tuning in an off-freq station put my transmitter off-freq too. I had not done a realignment after recapping it, so I figured while it was on the bench why not. The transmit was almost spot-on, but the receive was way off. Even after realigning, it was really sad for an 858 . Looked it over and found that someone had done a 2SC2999 mod to it. Put a stock 2SC1307 in, and when I hooked it up, the receive had come back to life!! No more "alligator radio."

Talked to "Double Zero" (Steve) in Aukland New Zealand yesterday afternoon . When we got our antennas aligned, we talked for a solid 30 minutes on 38LSB. Best QSO I've had since getting back on the air.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.