• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Yep, LSB36-40 is piled up big-time. Hearing St. Louis, San diego, British Columbia, New Jersey and plenty of other parts of North America. I haven't heard this much skip in a while.
Yeah I seem to be seeing a change around in skip like it is returning. Hopefully like last fall and winter, but been so busy getting work done there is no time to explore the outer limits. Oh Well !

One heck of a pileup from 36 to 40 lsb, you can't get a transmission out to save your life. Talk about conditions!
Lots of traffic today for sure, but had no trouble making contacts. Alberta, Windsor Ontario, Montana, Colorado, Washington State, Florida, Mississippi, Texas, Louisanna, Idaho, Arizona, Illinois, and Northern CaL. ALL around midday on 37 thru 40 LSB. Only Northeast station I heard was 505 New Jersey, and he was down in the mud.
- 399 J.J.

Lots of traffic today for sure, but had no trouble making contacts. Alberta, Windsor Ontario, Montana, Colorado, Washington State, Florida, Mississippi, Texas, Louisanna, Idaho, Arizona, Illinois, and Northern CaL. ALL around midday on 37 thru 40 LSB. Only Northeast station I heard was 505 New Jersey, and he was down in the mud.
- 399 J.J.
I could hear them come back but so much activity they all get lost in the mix. Interesting stuff. Just wild how strong the receive signal was but from all at once. Interesting day no doubt.

I could hear them come back but so much activity they all get lost in the mix. Interesting stuff. Just wild how strong the receive signal was but from all at once. Interesting day no doubt.
I monitor with my RF Gain cranked almost all the way down, and wait 'til a really loud station comes thru. Usually if they move my meter at all like this, I can talk to them no problem because they are pushing a LOT of power. Two of my contacts said they were doing over 1KW.
- 399 J.J.

I monitor with my RF Gain cranked almost all the way down, and wait 'til a really loud station comes thru. Usually if they move my meter at all like this, I can talk to them no problem because they are pushing a LOT of power. Two of my contacts said they were doing over 1KW.
- 399 J.J.
It was great talking to you J.J.. That was the only contact I made that day and my first dx in over a week. Made my day friend. Thanks again for the QSO!
20230913_183109.jpg

I thought I might try my Galaxy DX 2547 for a change of pace this morning. After I turned up the RF Gain that thing was rocking & rolling the best I ever seen it. I bought in new a couple years ago and got discouraged with it but I guess it was because skip wasn't happening at the time. Thinking of having it modded with a VFO and the way it was dancing this morning I might get excited !

Most everything in my receive today is coming from other countries. 124 South Africa was my last contact and I still hear him out there. Currently he's got a station in Georgia.
I had 505 mobile in western Mass blowing my speakers out as well. He also had a qso with 124 South Africa.
In short, not too many contacts but the signal quality on the contacts I've had so far was great!
To be continued.... I hope! ;)
Hearing you @unit_399 talking too Mississippi. Then you faded..

Last edited:
Last night here in Ontario Canada 38 lsb around 8-9pm.est we were pounded by 2 stations pretty sure out of texas. One guy was using the name "citywide" and his partner was calling himself triple x. I could tell the type of transmission that was coming in was broadcast quality and power level gear. Not even sure if i can guess at that wattage level. No dount when these guys get on they shut down texas. Its the first time i heard this gong show and was amazed that it wasnt on channel 6. I guess thats the beauty of changing conditions lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio