• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

would a sirio performer 5000 be a good base antenna? i cant have big antenna;s like anthron on roof.

My plan is to get a big plate of sheetmetal, drill hole in it for the sirio, and then slam it on the roof.

what do you guys think? any other suggestions? does the dx work this way you think?

Reactions: whiteastro
would a sirio performer 5000 be a good base antenna? i cant have big antenna;s like anthron on roof.

My plan is to get a big plate of sheetmetal, drill hole in it for the sirio, and then slam it on the roof.

what do you guys think? any other suggestions? does the dx work this way you think?
I use a 9 foot whip on a painters pole when I go portable. I wind a choke in the coax 9 feet down so that the coax below the feed point is the counter poise.

It works great, I use a match box style tuner to bring the swr down. I could trim the antenna, to bring it down, but different locations with different obstacles nearby will cause the swr to change.

Here it is with my ammo can portable:

Post in thread 'Ammo Can Portable Radio' https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/ammo-can-portable-radio.265314/post-819887
very cool idea, and a mckinley, is it the "unlocked"version, with the extra power and big heatsink on the back?

Reactions: Rwb
It works great, I use a match box style tuner to bring the swr down. I could trim the antenna, to bring it down, but different locations with different obstacles nearby will cause the swr to change.

Here it is with my ammo can portable:

Post in thread 'Ammo Can Portable Radio' https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/ammo-can-portable-radio.265314/post-819887
do you use a motorcycle battery or something in that thing to power it on? or you use a socket?

Some station is out there lower 38 cracking me up. The gentleman isn't shouting or swearing just roundly insulting everyone rofl. "No no... we don't care...." and " we don't require your QSO good day Sir...." and "Thank you station xxx but you are irrelevant...." I'm cracking up hes got enough power to make it stick too. Maybe I've been working too hard....it shouldn't be as funny as it is ....

Lots of am activity today, people say some funny things.

Heard a guy that was so loud, distorted, you could hear him seven channels up or down.... was proudly hollering "if you don't splatter, you don't matter!" Haha the dude was so proud of it.

Some people's children...

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
Lots of am activity today, people say some funny things.

Heard a guy that was so loud, distorted, you could hear him seven channels up or down.... was proudly hollering "if you don't splatter, you don't matter!" Haha the dude was so proud of it.

Some people's children...
Well, he's right, at least in the eyes of the FCC....he will probably matter to them one day.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro

A lot of people swear by that antenna enough I would like to try it someday. I have put a 4' x 4' sheet of galvanized sheet metal out on my lawn and put a firestik indoor antenna on it and talked 3 states away thru Back Scatter without skip rolling and that was with a Cobra 29 running 4 watts. I got good SWR with a K40 ( antenna ) on sheet metal on the lawn before. Let your imagination run wild, just pay attention about the SWR. I imagine galvanized on the roof could be made into something good even if you had to run a ground wire to it. People use 102" whips all the time for base station antennas. Have fun !

@snippits75 . Hey there David. It was good hearing you out there my friend. I've been getting lots of stations out of NC and was wondering if I would be hearing you in the mix. You were sounding great, even before the switch! But the switch did help.

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio