• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Talk about a surprise !! Talked with a couple of stations out of Pennsylvania, and #1 out of Ontario, and who do I hear calling me . . . WDX226 Rod, West Texas. San Angelo TX to be exact. Another nice long QSO with his loud clean station. We talked for quite a while, and no one keyed up until we signed off. Thank you everyone for that. Always love these 2280 mile connections. Looking forward to the next time. Take care, Mi Amigo.

- J.J. 399
Yes Sir, definitely a nice surprise. Especially the second time! :ROFLMAO:

I went to the radio room and all I could hear was low, smooth static. Not a soul to be heard... I didn't bother to turn it off, I just let it run. I picked up my tablet to do some reading. This is when I here you calling CQ again. Thank you sir, for another fine qso.
73's my friend

Reactions: Rwb
I noticed the conditions crowded and quiet as well. I hear JJ in there, I think I got a quick contact last week with him, but nothing that held up. Been getting some Arkansas stations. Seems a lot of station were making their own conditions as I heard some stating 1k behind them. Not too good for us barefoot guys.

My conditions are in and out. One second I have CA then it's NY then Australia. Nothing stable. Wondering why the hams are on 27.380 endlessly complaining about CBers and their "crap strikers and cobras" while bragging about their "IQ" and their "kenwoods and Icoms" why the hell you down here splitting freq in 11m whining? You have such big brains and capability to be anywhere but intentionally here trying to troll people on 11m. Me thinks their IQ isn't quite what they claim it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb and unit_399
Conditions are OK but not fantastic up here today, which is fine 'cause I've been working all morning anyways LOL. May try and get on the air shortly and see who's around.

Safe runs a great station over there have worked him a couple times great operator

Is that how the guy in Qatar spells his name? I got piled on by a bunch of Middle East stations before we finished our QSO. He was still the loudest with the best signal.

I did ask him how he pronounced Qatar because on the news some say Kutter, and others say Ktar. He said Ktar was how it is pronounced.

Good Grief! Somebody named "Brown Horn" down on 6 is wiping out the ENTIRE spectrum from 26,4 to above 27.6 MHz right now !! That's the entire CB spectrum and most of the freeband as well. almost 5 s units of splatter on 415 right now !
Unacceptable,
They were at that earlier today. With the 710 I can SEE it vs just hear it across the spectrum I thought I'd jacked a setting up but no. They really are literally splattering the whole band.

Good Grief! Somebody named "Brown Horn" down on 6 is wiping out the ENTIRE spectrum from 26,4 to above 27.6 MHz right now !! That's the entire CB spectrum and most of the freeband as well. almost 5 s units of splatter on 415 right now !
Unacceptable,
Go figure.... their whole philosophy is "if you don't splatter, you don't matter"
IMG_20231114_173738.gif

A few days ago I kept hearing a guy on 38 lsb keep repeating CQ Contest, CQ Contest. What is that BS all about ? Nothing like Cluttering a popular channel and preventing others for making contacts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.