• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I found a Kenwood 9R-59DS for 160 dollars, is that a good price?. Looks very cool, i guess i would use it to listen for short wave radio

Reactions: Rwb
That 9R-59DS is only a receiver. It's also more than 50 years old now, so even if it works you would likely have to recap the entire thing. If you are going to go with used equipment I wouldn't buy anything more than 25 or so years old as anything older than that will almost always need repair or service of some kind before it can be used.

That 9R-59DS is only a receiver. It's also more than 50 years old now, so even if it works you would likely have to recap the entire thing. If you are going to go with used equipment I wouldn't buy anything more than 25 or so years old as anything older than that will almost always need repair or service of some kind before it can be used.
ah, ok. too old

So.. today isn't expected to be terrible on 11 meters. Hopefully I'll get some radio time in after work today. We had rain move in last night as well and will be here for a few days.

Screenshot_20231109-080103_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Rwb
Playing around with a brand new Anytone 6666 today. It's eventually destined for my Rav4, but I've got it hooked up in the shop for a couple days to check it out.
Worked perfectly right out of the box. The only changes I made to the stock config (other than the conversion to 11 meters of course) was to turn mic gain up to 34, turn off the PA function (I'd never use it), and setup the SWR protection. Running with the stock mic.

Amazing the number of contacts that can be made with just a 45 watt radio !

Got home about 15 minutes ago and the radio is booming. Made 5 contacts right off the bat. Running the Ares2 barefoot. Had a Hawaii station for a few seconds but conditions shifted a bit.
I'll get back on soon and hopefully conditions won't fall out before then.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.