• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Found out my truck is very noisy.
How do I got rid of all this electrical noise. I thought the transformer next to my house was noisy. This truck has it beat.
It does not change with engine speed.
Headlights don't bother it.
In accessory mode it is not there. Even with my phone charger plugged in.
2001 Dodge Ram 3500 cummins.

Here’s your bible:

www.k0bg.com

Take your time. Make lists and separate the projects.

Noise in truck is strange.
It starts a few minutes after the truck is started.
It also doesn't stop after the truck is shut down for 5 min. Not sure how long it's going to stay on.

I forgot about this. This is probably why the noise wont go away when I get home.
So an antenna on the house probably wont work for crap
View attachment 34062 View attachment 34063
Have a friend go to the pole with a sledge hammer and beat on it while you listen to the radio. If it changes in noise it's the culprit. Call local power company and report that you have interference due to bad transformer. They sent out personel with a sniffer. Just don't let them know you beat on pole. They might even perform same test by hitting pole while rf sniffing.

Have a friend go to the pole with a sledge hammer and beat on it while you listen to the radio. If it changes in noise it's the culprit. Call local power company and report that you have interference due to bad transformer. They sent out personel with a sniffer. Just don't let them know you beat on pole. They might even perform same test by hitting pole while rf sniffing.
And I will probably have to pay for it, as its on my property

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.