• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Thats funny.
Stupid question of the night.
Does the 10 meter use the same antenna as the 11 meter?
Are there certain frequencies that get used more than others .
Asking to my any secu
Different antenna length, not by much tho. 10 meter is ham. Req'd licence to transmit.

Ok, that was two questions.
Third one is can I run a two into one antenna cable with only one antenna, or will the open end interfere?
If wanting to run 2 radios on one antenna a coax switch will be needed. Can't listen to both or trans. Operating radios in close proximity will interfere with the other on key down. If using 2 antenna. Blew my friends radio one day when keyed up with my linear. Just swap coax, it's what I do with my radios.

It would be two separate antennas and radios. I only have one 18' single. And one wire that is 2 into 1..
If I turn one radio off and the other on. But one cable has 2 connectors on one end.

Any apps we can put on our phones and monitor for skip conditions and/or solar activity?
There are the sites on web for solar. Just leave the page up and check. I do that with this site, NWS, and others.

Not sure about apps that notify you. I don't do apps. They be nosey and want your info. Cookies are bad enough. Stupid ads come on for what I've looked at.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.