1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Alan Blackmon

Alan Blackmon Well-Known Member

Another problem faced in Boise is the RF noise that just makes receive so difficult. Not just for CB but for other HF bands. CFL and LED lights and the popularity of solar panels with thier switching power supplies just kill a lot of radio here. Often get a S5 or S7 in just noise. Oh well.

2. Mopower71

Mopower71 Well-Known Member

I hear you. The transformer next to my house make a lot of noise. Wipes out everything.
    Down the one road I take to work, for 10-15 miles, the power lines dont like me.
    And my truck led lights do the same thing. But they take a few minutes of running before they wipe out all my reception.

3. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

That cigarette lighter plug for power to radio. Proper wiring, grounding, and bonding gets rid of that.

Mopower71 likes this.
  4. Mopower71

I need to make something like this but taller. Screenshot_20200205-221254.png
    Or like this ,but sturdier and taller as this is only 6"tall.
    Screenshot_20200205-221357.png
    This way I can clear the cup holder and be able to see the radio.

Alan Blackmon likes this.
  5. Redbeard U812

Screw pipe and floor flanges

Alan Blackmon and Mopower71 like this.
  6. Mopower71

I will. Just working the regular 10 hr a day job. I will get after it on my day off this week. And I sure won't have my car back for a while, so I wont be swapping it between vehicles.

7. Mopower71

I was thinking cast iron pipe with the flange on the floor. Get me over the cup holder and 4wd shifter, but still be able to use everything

Alan Blackmon and Redbeard U812 like this.
  8. Alan Blackmon

Alan Blackmon Well-Known Member

I went into a Jalopy Jungle to harvest some parts for my 97 Ford F150. Found a floor flange setup for radio in a truck. It came home with me. Just have to get it into my truck now. Waiting for warmer days.

9. Cutlass327

Cutlass327 Well-Known Member

What if you made a bracket that you screwed into the cavity that the cup holder closes into, and mount the radio into the cavity? If I am remembering right, those holders are wide enough to fit a Cobra 29 in, and I think those Bearcats are a little smaller. Just don't do any hard stopping with an open cup...

357magnum, Slowmover and Mopower71 like this.
  10. Mopower71

I like that idea. I will check on this later.
    Quick measure and it doesn't look deep enough. Might have to take the piece out that holds the cup holder up. Then it would be deep enough. I could run 2 cables the to edges to hold it up

11. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Sitting outside the 125-radius barrier to NYC. Now up near Harrisburg, PA. An o’dark o’clock run to storied Perth Amboy, NJ tomorrow.

Swapped out the Model 885 Uniden for the 980. Re-checked antennas, and no changes needed.

Chewed the scrapple-flavored cud they favor up here on 19. Played with controls. Adjusted speaker.

Now at 19:15 EST, switched over to 38-LSB, and hey, there you are!

(Sure took long enough to get here after reading every post of the thread — the snoring Recon Dog story — two months ago).

Someone out of NE Illinois just now.

12. Unit 194

Unit 194 Well-Known Member

Perth Amboy? You might find some local traffic on Channel 40 tomorrow.

357magnum and Slowmover like this.
  13. Redbeard U812

Taint not a thing on 11m dwn here in The Rebublic of Texas. Kill'n cats is passing time though. That, and reality of hot water heater on the death bed. Had some of that frozen precipitation last night, briefly. Damned hard sounding rain, hail....hail.

Wondering if that joker from Phoenix is gonna play recorded messages again tonight. Could hear the locals out there screaming at him to stop. Had to turn things off. Jerk.

When will the propagation return?

357magnum and Slowmover like this.
  14. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

The bottles have to be cobalt blue.

357magnum likes this.
  15. Mopower71

On now 38 lsb.
    Can't get responsce from anyone.
    Loads of people on