• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Put my antenna up a little higher. it's now 120 feet to where the coax attaches to the bottom of the Antron 99.
Here is who I spoke to today on Ch 20 AM
755 Radio Venezuela
13 Hawaii
79 Central California
White Cat Los Angeles, California
Luey Luey Barstow, California
946 Bakersfield, California
0142 Bakersfield, California
Night Stalker Long Beach, California
Blue Star Long Beach, California
Top Shelf, Southern, California
233 Mohave, California
552 Uncle Charlie, California
Mr Nobody # 16 (2 days in a row) Sacramento, California

running my Cobra 29LX thru my FatBoy 1X6 with my speech compressor D-104 TUG-8 stand. Audio-ing from the Big Bam.
Trainman stepping..........

Last edited:
Had the Bearcat BC785D running all day while I did some stuff around the house. Heard a lot of Spanish speaking channels on AM. I wish the scanner could switch to side band mode and if it could do it automatically, that would be great. When it picks up CH 38 and the others, I get the Donald Duck. The Donald Ducking got really frequent a few minuets ago, so I turned on the Stryker 955 and heard 133 Mexico calling on 38 LSB. I called to him a few times as he was talking to Pennsylvania and the Carolinas. I heard him call my numbers and then got lost in the mix. I called back but no dice.

So after a while I switched to 37LSB and heard someone calling DX from "South America Brazil" so I called back and as he replied, he got lost in the mix. I called him a few more times but he was gone. So I went to 36LSB and called DX and on my second call, the guy from Brazil returned.

He is operator "Johnny" from Sao Paulo, 3SF044 and we had a great QSO. His English was very good but still struggled for words at times. Lucky for me, my wife was standing there and was able to help me out with his accent. I found myself maybe talking faster than I wanted, because the amplifier kept wanting to unkey. I have a PTT box with a button that keys the radio with the rack gear. Time to hook it up to the amplifier too, that will probably be my next project.

This has been my farthest contact to date. Looking forward to more DX as conditions improve. I have to get my beam up before the weather gets any colder.

Last edited:
Put my antenna up a little higher. it's now 120 feet to where the coax attaches to the bottom of the Antron 99.
Here is who I spoke to today on Ch 20 AM
755 Radio Venezuela
13 Hawaii
79 Central California
White Cat Los Angeles, California
Luey Luey Barstow, California
946 Bakersfield, California
0142 Bakersfield, California
Night Stalker Long Beach, California
Blue Star Long Beach, California
Top Shelf, Southern, California
233 Mohave, California
552 Uncle Charlie, California
Mr Nobody # 16 (2 days in a row) Sacramento, California

running my Cobra 29LX thru my FatBoy 1X6 with my speech compressor D-104 TUG-8 stand. Audio-ing from the Big Bam.
Trainman stepping..........
That is awesome, maybe I won't need a beam if I can get my Vector higher.

Had the Bearcat BC785D running all day while I did some stuff around the house. Heard a lot of Spanish speaking channels on AM. I wish the scanner could switch to side band mode and if it could do it automatically, that would be great. When it picks up CH 38 and the others, I get the Donald Duck. The Donald Ducking got really frequent a few minuets ago, so I turned on the Stryker 955 and heard 133 Mexico calling on 38 LSB. I called to him a few times as he was talking to Pennsylvania and the Carolinas. I heard him call my numbers and then got lost in the mix. I called back but no dice.

So after a while I switched to 37LSB and heard someone calling DX from "South America Brazil" so I called back and as he replied, he got lost in the mix. I called him a few more times but he was gone. So I went to 36LSB and called DX and on my second call, the guy from Brazil returned.

He is operator "Johnny" from Sao Paulo, 3SF044 and we had a great QSO. His English was very good but still struggled for words at times. Lucky for me, my wife was standing there and was able to help me out with his accent. I found myself maybe talking faster than I wanted, because the amplifier kept wanting to unkey. I have a PTT box with a button that keys the radio with the rack gear. Time to hook it up to the amplifier too, that will probably be my next project.

This has been my furthest contact to date. Looking forward to more DX as conditions improve. I have to get my beam up before the weather gets any colder.

Enjoyed that read!

Drove from just south of Dallas to near San Antonio this morning. Almost zilch on AM-19.

No lack of trucks or other traffic.
12-million population that corridor.

Time to put the “CB Scanner” back in.

Reactions: Rwb
10/11 open here on this side of the pond, not great but still.
This morning running FT-8 on 10 some QSB though, one moment strong signals, then fading away and coming back.
So, back to 15 meter with the Imax 2000 working South America and USA, Canada Middle East, Indonesia, and South Africa.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.