• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

11 was quite busy here, on 10 the New York repeater was S9+ 40 dB....
Lots of EU traffic on CB, as well from abroad.
Was fun to hear the band open and get all the stations in.
Worked in digital on 10 all continents from aussies to South America so good day.
Have fun there, the bands will open more as you think.

10 meters was quiet here today. Talked to one guy in Arizona.

11 meters entirely the opposite. Contacts to folks in the following locations on LSB between 27.365 - 27.405.

Italy, Scotland, England, Belgium, Jamaica, Saskatchewan, Washington State, California, Utah.

The band conditions are there, just need ops to notice that 10 ( and 12) are open.
I have been seeing some contacts posted on 15 lately as well.
These 3 bands 10/11/12 offer a lot during favorable solar conditions.
There is a ton of equipment out there that can be used, it is easy to achieve 100 watts on SSB at modest current draws, and a full size 1/4 whip is manageable, altho a bit ugly.
And you can work the world with that driving to work.
Lol, now that they officially dropped the 155 rule, 11 meters is a legit dx band again!
They gave it back to us crotchety old hams after all.....

Have fun.

Jeff

Those idiots Chris Sweeney AE5QJ AKA sheriff Bob and his retarded side kick W979 Matt Bohl W7ZFG were out there raising crap and causing hate and discontent again ! Wish someone would take care of these 2 degenerate a$$-holes.

Right around noon central time, driving across Kansas it's like someone kicked the band wide open. Stations from Brooklyn to Florida talking big into the receiver of the president. For about 2 hours and all through the band it's like a direct worldwide connection in the DX land.

Funny how that happens

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated