• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

The DX was hopping big time Sunday afternoon between 3:00P.M. and 5:00P.M. eastern, I was on my boat, where I rigged up this 1/4 wave set up using a Radio Shack 102" stainless steel whip for my vertical radiator. It was rolling in non-stop.

Using just a barefoot Cherokee AH 100 walkie talkie into my antenna set up, I spoke to several stations in the Delaware/Ocean City, MD area; New Egypt, NJ; Catskill Mountains, NY; Appomatox, VA; Connecticut Radio 1 and a bunch of others. I then got 634 in NJ on AM 10.

The skip had not been that good in probably over a year. A sign of things to come?

DX has been real good the past few days for about 3 to 4 hours a day usually rolling in around 11 and dropping off by 3. Mostly been hearing the northwest corner and down to Southern California, but a little far northeast has been coming in as well.

I made a few contacts barefoot, a whole 10 watts on sideband up to Washington state and up to Maine the other day. It was not real easy though. Next week I will be sure to put my RM Italy 203 back in the semi. a hundred watts makes getting contacts much easier.

Its been the usual Westcoast around 10-11 am where we get to listen to douchebag hardass, i mean hard drive in new mexico pat himself on the back for buying test equipment and having it calibrated occasionally.
Other than that there's been some afternoon skip but its usually gone by the time I get home. There was some short skip from Melbourne Florida making its way to Tampa and Space weather says there's a 25% chance of an m class flare today.

Its been the usual Westcoast around 10-11 am where we get to listen to douchebag hardass, i mean hard drive in new mexico pat himself on the back for buying test equipment and having it calibrated occasionally.
Other than that there's been some afternoon skip but its usually gone by the time I get home. There was some short skip from Melbourne Florida making its way to Tampa and Space weather says there's a 25% chance of an m class flare today.

I was thru Lordsburg NM a few times recently, kept my eyes open for pixie dust and certificates, even used my douchebag whistle, no response.......anyone ever able to see the dates on those certs he waves around ?

I've picked up Arizona and California a couple of times in the last week. It has been a while since I got stations from that far west.

Short hop skip does funny things here in the Keys. Some Miami and Florida west coast stations (Sanibel) can be heard, but that is probably ground wave. However, I've had skip conditions pull in Tampa, Orlando and other parts of Central Florida. On other occasions, I pick Panama City and Pensacola.

Conditions definitely seem to be changing. Looks like I'll soon get to add a few contacts to my logbook.

Motor Mouth Maul and a couple others were booming on the bowl couple hours ago on the bowl. Fun to jump up and down with the big boys now and the.

Still was on up until 30min ago here in SoCal. I just sit back and listen.

Did make a few contacts in Iowa and Ohio. I probably had more because when a station would get back a pack of other stations start coming through. So it was hard to tell how many more I had. LOL

Good Morning, well Skip conditions are starting to slowly come in up here in Central Pennsylvania,as I just made contact with unit 001 in Austria, Europe,was very faint but was able to copy the gentleman and wish him and his family a merry Christmas from Pennsylvania!!

Nice. I am standing in a long line waiting to get some tamales. Got to get back home!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated