• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

The sun has been very active over the past 5 days or so. Been getting NOAA email alerts all week. It's been at least six weeks since I've received any alerts.

"Space Weather Message Code: ALTTP4 Serial Number: 602 Issue Time: 2023 May 11 2041 UTC ALERT: Type IV Radio Emission Begin Time: 2023 May 11 1844 UTC NOAA Space Weather Scale descriptions can be found at www.swpc.noaa.gov/noaa-scales-explanation Description: Type IV emissions occur in association with major eruptions on the sun and are typically associated with strong coronal mass ejections and solar radiation storms."

Turned on the Ranger Early this morning before Sunday School and gave a shout-out,heard 1 or 2 very faint Station's on .385 LSB,other than that very quiet on 11 meter's lately, hopefully as summer progresses that Skip will pick up!!!!!!!!!!!

73's
Same here. Lots of dead air, with one exception. I did have a qso with a station in Connecticut. Conditions haven't been well at all for me lately, but I'm sure better days are ahead.
I hope all is well with you and your Dad!

I had 444 Green Bay Wisconsin and 555 Sacramento California booming in a few minutes ago. Tried to make the trip back to each of them several times, but no success. Now it is all quite again with just a couple of stations that are right at my noise level. Looking forward to conditions picking up. I hope everyone has a nice Mother's day.

I didn't have much time yesterday for radio. I took my old car out for a little while. Then I was mowing weeds and spending time with my mom.
I did get few good contacts yesterday.
I talked to a couple of stations in Seattle and talked to Jim 66 in New York.

Of course there were a couple of knuckleheads out there. It as if they have nothing better to do and have no life at all.

I didn't have much time yesterday for radio. I took my old car out for a little while. Then I was mowing weeds and spending time with my mom.
I did get few good contacts yesterday.
I talked to a couple of stations in Seattle and talked to Jim 66 in New York.

Of course there were a couple of knuckleheads out there. It as if they have nothing better to do and have no life at all.
I think I heard one of those knuckleheads! Not trying to contact anyone, just criticizing people for wishing one another happy Mother's Day. The other kind of knuckleheads that bug me are the ones that make a contact on 38LSB and then continue on with a 30+ minute conversation on there. Am I wrong? If you're going to go beyond making contact, exchanging info, etc, (more than a few minutes), shouldn't you move to a different channel so others can make contact on 38LSB? The conditions, being as unstable as they have been, don't give you long to try and make contact. So, when there's someone dominating 38LSB it makes it next to impossible to hear anyone else.

I'm feeling better and better about my homebrew ground plane. Conditions are still quiet and sporadic but I was still able to make a few contacts today. Washington State, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. The only thing that's as sporadic as the conditions seems to be my ability to access this forum. Is this just me or do others experience this? I sometimes have to make 4-5 attempts before I can get it to load up.

I'm feeling better and better about my homebrew ground plane. Conditions are still quiet and sporadic but I was still able to make a few contacts today. Washington State, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. The only thing that's as sporadic as the conditions seems to be my ability to access this forum. Is this just me or do others experience this? I sometimes have to make 4-5 attempts before I can get it to load up.
I was starting to think it was my devices too but there's actually a thread talking about the site issue.

Reactions: S&W357 and ND999

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.