• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I wouldnt even call a f/t hobby lol.
Most of us its a if we can find some spare minutes in life to give for it lol.
I also called for you on 555 lsb. Got static.

Reactions: unit_399
We have no intention of QSOing on the call channel. I know how it works as I use it daily for, uh, international calling. Like from here to Colombia for instance !
Fully intend to QSY elsewhere if we ever actually manage to make contact !

• Haha
Reactions: lonestarbandit
South America booming in here right now! Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Panama, etc. etc. Where ya at JJ ?? Called you lotsa times on 555 !
I ended up having a nice long QSO with Hugo, 3RCA032, in the South of Brazil.

I heard you that evening talking to 3RCA032 in Brazil on the back side of my beam. Was going to point it your way, but would have probably lost you.

Reactions: BC Coyote
I heard JJ around the first part of this past week on channel 37 LSB, and he was peaking 30+ into my QTH here in western NC. Heard him talk to a station in eastern NC, so I thought I might have a good chance to make contact.

JJ never heard me. My transmit must have been jumping right over him because I was talking to lots of countries in South America like Brazil, Chile, and Argentina. Skip is weird like that. Oh well, maybe next time!!

Hey Lonestar, you won't find anybody on 555 LSB as everyone uses USB on that channel and other close-by frequencies, at least for international DX work.

Typed faster than brain was working. Corrected earlier post. I guess I'm a bit early he did say afternoon. Where you hanging out at? Just talked to 96 out of Ontario no problem, should be able to hear you.

Last edited:
Hey 429 great making contact with you, I heard JJ in there earlier, but could not make the trip. Conditions are fading in and out on my end, but you are sounding good in Delaware when I can get you. Hopefully conditions will smooth out as the day progresses.

73 and 51
Chris
Yes Sir. Appreciated the contact. I haven't heard JJ at all today so far.
I didn't have the directional pointed at you so I apologize for the less than stellar signal lol. Mother nature is being hard on my recieve as well. Have a great day out there!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.