• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Was on for a little bit this afternoon for about a hour, a lot of European stations heard out there on .385 LSB,made contact with a 26 Alfa Tango 369 from I believe Exxor , Southwest England on .390 LSB, was starting to feel alittle better dealing with this viral cold Crap and thought I would fire up the Ranger just for a bit!!

73's

Pretty much a radio write-off today ! Some marginal conditions but all my callouts today have been futile, which rarely happens.......
Ah well ! Glad others are having a good radio day ! I've certainly had my share of fun these last few months......

Turned on my GE Super Base to listen this morning while I was getting ready to address spring issues and it was coming in really good but no time to play. Changing out battery in motorcycle so I can ride my 80 MPG. And starting to prep my riding mower so I get that out of the way and am ready for the season. Oh the sacrifices we must make ! LOL

Sunrise is getting earlier and the band was finally open about 0600 cst during the the morning 1hr commute. Nothing really special but was able to make a few crystal clear qso's with Maine, Massachusetts and New York.
Sure hope to catch some of you on the air before conditions flatten out during the summer months.

All you fine wwdx folks have a good start to the week.

On Sunday the 3rd, around about 3:00 PM est., noise just all of a sudden got very bad in my receiver. AM side was just a loud hum, and SSB was super noisy too. Thought something had happened to coax and antenna. Nope, it was G2 solar storm causing the noise some how or another.

My radio was basically not useable up until about 8:00 PM est. because of the noise. Anyway, it's back to normal today.

My radio was basically not useable up until about 8:00 PM est. because of the noise. Anyway, it's back to normal today.
No crazy noise here, but the solar storm knocked out conditions almost completely here yesterday !
Making contacts again today, but the band is in pretty sorry shape compared to the last few weeks. Only North America, Brazil, and the Caribbean making it at the moment.

Reactions: snippits75
Today, in the Republic of Colombia, the band was rockin' and rollin'. One solid QSO after another from all over the Canada and the US. Northeast, East Coast, Deep South, Midwest, Plain States, Northwest, California, and, as always, Florida.
My meter was practically stuck on S-9. It was one of those, "If I can hear him, then they can hear me" days. Doesn't happen often enough.

- J.J. 399

Reactions: whiteastro
What price did you pay ?? I clicked on your link, and the price was $199.00
That was the price. At West Mountain radio it is the same price as the speaker model which is Out of Stock at the moment. And I got free shipping but don't know what they would charge you for shipping because of where you are at. But I've been wanting and figured I better get it while the getting was good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.