• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Listening to 38 and 40 LSB at the moment and it's absolutely quiet up here in Central Pennsylvania today, isn't it true that during the summer time that the DX conditions seem to go away and they don't return in full force until the fall and winter seasons,as I remember correctly that is what happened last year???? Still hoping I might snag at least one station before the day is over,We shall see..............

73's

The last few days have been the same up here. Nothing but static until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and then a bunch of loud Australians and Kiwis come in until around 9pm and then that's it for the day. Haven't heard anything from anywhere else since Wednesday !
It's all good seeing as I'm perfectly happy talking to Australia.
And in that direction the horizontally polarized delta loop I built works very very well. Stations that can barely be heard on the A-99 come up to S 6 or 7 on the delta and are easy to talk to !

Not much to report today, just mainly static with some unintelligible talking.
I believe the continuous dx conditions we were having will now be sporadic until we get to the fall.
I'll be checking in to see how it goes for you fellas but for me, I'm hanging it up until the fall.

I've got too much happening between my family, work and home projects. In the meantime when I do have some free time I'll be straightening out my gear and thinning it out and be ready for the fall dx.

Much better conditions up here for the last couple of days. Generally much shorter skip as summer approaches. Not hearing Europe anymore, though still a few South American and South Pacific stations coming thru on 555.

Skip within the US and Canada is rockin' though.... talked to a ton of Texas, Louisiana & Arkansas yesterday and today, New York and New England states & down into the Carolina's coming in good as well....... enough contacts to keep me from doing what I should be doing LOL!
I've been on 38 LSB more than usual 'cause that's where most of the action is, but I haven't heard any WWDX members out there...........

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.