• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

12v 8kw Diesel heater

TIN_CAN

Nov 23, 2011
I picked up on of these cheap China made 12v diesel heater to heat my Garage, it comes complete with remote control, has a 5L fuel tank wich can run about 14.5hrs. I have it running on a 5amp power supply. This is capable of running 100% used motor oil or motor oil diesel mixture and even used vegetable oil. I just installed it today on the unused door on my garage, this really kick out the heat and all parts are replaceable on the unit. I have just over 200L of used motor oil I am going to start to filter and try a mixture of diesel and used motor oil. if all goes well will pick another one up for my tiny house up north as a supplement heat, but would be outside the house thing cost $200 Canadian and really kicks out the heat. The Chinese copied this from a German made unit that sells for $1500US. There are crap loads of videos on line for this thing.

20230205_144307.jpg

20230205_144350.jpg

20230205_144320.jpg

20230205_144632.jpg

20230205_144834.jpg

I have one in a different case style I need to hook up in my shop. I got it a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. If you do Facebook I highly recommend joining the Chinese Diesel Heater Community page. TONS of good info there. One thing that ALWAYS comes up and is ALWAYS looked down on is using used motor oil, whether straight or mixed with diesel, gasoline, or kerosene. The heater will soot up bad from all the dirt in the oil. Some guys are getting a week or two tops running straight used oil before the unit throws error codes and shuts down due to heavy soot build-up. https://www.facebook.com/groups/419...cently_seen&multi_permalinks=1371403360362550

This is the one I bought. Just be aware that although they CLAIM 8 Kw, they are really just a 5 Kw and a little bit more at best.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71B0--rIXpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Oh.....and you are lucky if you can run it on a 5 amp supply. The glo-plug draws around 10 amps on start up and a 15 amp supply is recommended. I bought a switching type 30 amp supply on Amazon for less that $30. I may want to eventually run two of the heaters.

I have one in a different case style I need to hook up in my shop. I got it a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. If you do Facebook I highly recommend joining the Chinese Diesel Heater Community page. TONS of good info there. One thing that ALWAYS comes up and is ALWAYS looked down on is using used motor oil, whether straight or mixed with diesel, gasoline, or kerosene. The heater will soot up bad from all the dirt in the oil. Some guys are getting a week or two tops running straight used oil before the unit throws error codes and shuts down due to heavy soot build-up. https://www.facebook.com/groups/419...cently_seen&multi_permalinks=1371403360362550

This is the one I bought. Just be aware that although they CLAIM 8 Kw, they are really just a 5 Kw and a little bit more at best.

Yeah same thing mine just has the gas tank on top with a cover over it, well its cheap heat and I plane to get another one to heat my 196 Square foot tiny home will mount outside of course as insurance wont allow for a wood stove. As for oil it will be filtered back through and oil filter , will figure something out and these tear apart in no time. Enjoy yours when you set it up...very easy and the controls are the hardest to figure out. There is also a hidden service menu to change fuel pump settings and fan speed.

Oh.....and you are lucky if you can run it on a 5 amp supply. The glo-plug draws around 10 amps on start up and a 15 amp supply is recommended. I bought a switching type 30 amp supply on Amazon for less that $30. I may want to eventually run two of the heaters.
Well its hooked to a spare Alinco 30amp suppy on the 5amp conectors on front of supply unit, now I did not look at meter when I was starting it up, will do next time I fire it up.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Yeah same thing mine just has the gas tank on top with a cover over it, well its cheap heat and I plane to get another one to heat my 196 Square foot tiny home will mount outside of course as insurance wont allow for a wood stove. As for oil it will be filtered back through and oil filter , will figure something out and these tear apart in no time. Enjoy yours when you set it up...very easy and the controls are the hardest to figure out. There is also a hidden service menu to change fuel pump settings and fan speed.

Mine just has an analog control. Just a simple control knob that adjusts fuel consumption rate and fan speed together. I did buy a different controller but forgot to get the matching compatible control board. I may eventually get it too if I don't like the stock controller.

Mine just has an analog control. Just a simple control knob that adjusts fuel consumption rate and fan speed together. I did buy a different controller but forgot to get the matching compatible control board. I may eventually get it too if I don't like the stock controller.
Saw that controller looks very simple, I prefer that over the controller I have.

So what do you set output to 14v

Reactions: TIN_CAN

Yup took a couple weeks to plug up and not throw much heat using unfiltered used oil with 50/50 diesel, took apart and threw in a new burn chamber and will clean original with some oven cleaner to have as a spare. I now filter the oil through a 1 micron filter and have a second tank to hold the black diesel, removed the tank from unit and set them remote from the unit. I start it now on diesel up to operating temp then switch over to black diesel and to shut down switch back to diesel and burn for 10-15 minutes then shut down. See how this goes and it all fails,time to get a centrifuge to really clean the used oil. Still great little units for the price and so simple to tear down.

Attachments

• 20230318_113723.jpg
    20230318_113723.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230318_113731.jpg
    20230318_113731.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230318_145838.jpg
    20230318_145838.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230318_145852.jpg
    20230318_145852.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 35

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated