• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

135 foot doublet with legs at right angles...

Singularity35

DU7DVE
Jan 16, 2014
Small City, Philippines
What kind of performance should I expect if I put up my 135 foot doublet with the apex at around 50 feet above ground in a kind of inverted V config and with the legs are around 90 degrees to each other instead of straight? Should I just forget it or would it be worth my while?

Thanks in advance.

Don't fret over those stand off for the feedline...simple PVC pipe..like 3/4 ID works fine.
You need be only a foot or so away from the mast...and the line can be attached via pvc "ty-raps"...just to hold in place so the wind does not allow the line to come in contact with the mast...that's the only issue...you want the feedline to move a little...not so taught that it can break...ladder line and twinlead is very forgiving...I think once you use it you'll find just how easy it is to work with...
Enjoy
All the Best
Gary

Don't fret over those stand off for the feedline...simple PVC pipe..like 3/4 ID works fine.
You need be only a foot or so away from the mast...and the line can be attached via pvc "ty-raps"...just to hold in place so the wind does not allow the line to come in contact with the mast...that's the only issue...you want the feedline to move a little...not so taught that it can break...ladder line and twinlead is very forgiving...I think once you use it you'll find just how easy it is to work with...
Enjoy
All the Best
Gary

Thanks! Now to get in touch with the guy who'll do the climbing :D

" This is a four wavelength-per-leg 40-meter V-beam antenna:" Yes that would work great. Especially over a perfect earth.

I have been to the phillipines several times.

http://www.navy-transmitter-facility-capas.com/

I seen this HUGE array in Capas, tarlac.

On an island surrounded by salt water, with rich black dirt for soil, there is so much foliage and plant growth in the Phillipines the earth is exceptionally good for antenna purposes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated