• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

142gtl mystery vr pot

jimmy360

Oct 29, 2021
I have a 142gtl board pc-385AG .what does this vr does it’s not listed in sams photofact .thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6722.jpeg
    IMG_6722.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33

there are quite a few variations of this board as it was used in a few different radios and was produced for over a decade.

for example, the Teaberry Stalker XV is basically the same radio you have there, but would be 385AD and would not have that pot, nor the holes for it.

you have a later version.

I'd be willing to bet that if you followed that white wire that is right near the top of that pot, you'd find that it went to the dynamike control, which would mean that it's for modulation.

earlier versions of this chassis did not have an internal AMC adjustment and you had to add/modify if you wanted one.

I do have a book at home that i know talks about this VR.
I'll try to remember to take a look at it later tonight.
LC

there are quite a few variations of this board as it was used in a few different radios and was produced for over a decade.

for example, the Teaberry Stalker XV is basically the same radio you have there, but would be 385AD and would not have that pot, nor the holes for it.

I'd be willing to bet that if you followed that white wire that is right near the top of that pot, you'd find that it went to the dynamike control, which would mean that it's for modulation.

earlier versions of this chassis did not have an internal AMC adjustment and you had to add/modify if you wanted one.

LC
Thank you buddy

LC
thank you

LC
White wire goes to front of the radio next to d70

yep that's the AMC pot.

There are washingtons out there with that board version as well.

before you go messing with it, you should make sure that TR32 and R105 are intact and not cut/removed.
LC

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.