• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 gtl low carrier

blueridge

Sep 19, 2009
I have a Taiwan 148 gtl that I have replaced several caps in. I now have about 3/4 of a watt carrier with about 5 watts swing. I have looked at all kinds of voltages and seem to be stumped at whats causing the low carrier. On SSB it will do about 13 watts max (all watts PEP) with the limiter removed. Anyone have any ideas what might be keeping my carrier so low? Thanks

Bad VR10 or compnents thereabout?

VR10 appears fine but have not had any luck switching out components around it. I have a scope but have no idea where or how to start troubleshooting this type of problem. Any ideas how to narrow it down? I might bring it to you if you didn't mind just to see how you would approach the problem. thanks a bunch

How I read this the radio worked before you swapped the caps?

no. it wasn't doing anything on transmit, I replaced c18 (i think) and brought it back to life but not all the way. i got that hint from a thread here i think. I just can't seem to find the missing link to bring it back completely. thanks

finally, it was the transistor right before the big AM regulator. Changed it out and carrier is now from 0-5 watts. thanks everyone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: