• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

15 Meters

Don't be surprised. This is how the bands are during the years surrounding a solar cycle peak. During peak year, many days the higher bands may be open 24 hours and you can go half way around the world on 10 watts.

Happy DX'ing

15 Mtrs.

Well it is happening-21Mhz is a great band-I have been in 3 sunspot
cycles and 15 can be open 24 hrs-the last few weeks in has been
to many parts of the world into the wee hrs of night here in Mi. U.P.
lots of nice DX-VU2,9M6,JA,V85,T6 ,ZS, RI just to name a few that
I have worked on cw the last 3-4 days after midnight local times-all
had decent signals,some QSB-but mainly strong-will be even nicer
when 10/12 mtrs are open most of the time somewhere-you can
work stations with QRP all the time-less then 5 watts and wire
antennas-dipoles,Ivees...... Sunspot # right now is low and the A and
K indexes are high-But ...it will get much better again.73/DX/44s

Paul K8PG - CW IS AMATEUR RADIO

During the local 10 meter net tonight had a vk7 check in, bands are really starting to open up good.

When I was first licensed as a Novice in 1959, 15 was open 24/7. I had three crystals for the Novice subband (then 21.100 - 21.200, CW only). Couldn't use a VFO as a Novice, and power was limited to 75 watts DC INput, which meant 50 watts OUTput on a good day.

Still managed to work all states and about 75 countries in 3 months, all on 15.

Here on the east coast I find that 15m is a great band for working into Africa. Propagation characteristics, location, and distance all add up in my favour. Some of my best DX into Africa has been on 15m.

Maybe I neede to turn the rig on earlier to get into S Africa, I have noticed the JA's like to rag chew on 15 meters can catch them usually Friday and Saturday evening here East coast while they are having there cup of morning coffee over there.

I do believe 15 is becoming my favorite band at the moment. Big pile up Friday late afternoon for a operator in Saudi Arabia 30 over. I tried with no luck as it seemed like everyone in the US was on freq trying to get him. after an hour I gave up. I need to get my amp inline and beam up. He was on a IC-7000 and running 100 watts through an A4S antenna. It is the band I am getting the best contacts on so far.

Last edited:
15 mtrs

15 was good yesterday, I turned off the PC and used my vibroplex and wrkd a handful of Russians, and it seems since the FCC quit CW there is still a lot maybe more on CW, the digital frequencies especially PSK31 are jammed heavy.

DOCTOR

Doctor you are correct...

I made my very first PSK-31 QSO's today on 15m.

I worked FG5LA in Guadeloupe, HP1AVS in Panama and TG9AHM in Guatemala.

It was a new mode and a new band for me :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.