• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 bombs explode in boston

A mercury switch makes a very effective readily available low cost tamper switch regardless of how old tech you or anyone else may think it is. Two switches mounted at right angles makes something damned near impossible to pick up and move without triggering at least one of them and that is when you know they are there.

We use them as event counters in a tilt application at work BTW.

I just recently was talking with someone about Mercury switches and how touchy they are. We were talking about cool and nifty uses for them and they have indeed been used for explosive devices in the past and as touchy as I know they are Ide be damned if Ide walk up and even touch more or less kick (nudge) something I thought maybe a bomb or an exolosive device that could have a switch of this type in its construction all that mercury would have to do is flow on way or the other and BOOM!!!

I just recently was talking with someone about Mercury switches and how touchy they are. We were talking about cool and nifty uses for them and they have indeed been used for explosive devices in the past and as touchy as I know they are Ide be damned if Ide walk up and even touch more or less kick (nudge) something I thought maybe a bomb or an exolosive device that could have a switch of this type in its construction all that mercury would have to do is flow on way or the other and BOOM!!!

I believe mercury is now banned here in California. Tho I still have some older thermostat mercury switches from past installs. Mercury was fun to play with as a kid.

Sent from my SCH-i605 on Verizon 4G LTE.

I believe mercury is now banned here in California. Tho I still have some older thermostat mercury switches from past installs. Mercury was fun to play with as a kid.

The old glass bulb switches are banned pretty much everywhere I do believe. The switches we use are a sealed metal bulb encased in a hermetically sealed plastic capsule. You would have to beat the thing with a hammer to break it open.

Mercury and Uranus and not good to mess with.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently the FBI has had contact with the bombers in the past. Several times in fact. The dead brother was interviewed or visited by the FBI at least five times in the past several years. on one occasion a "foreign intelligence service" requested the FBI gather info on them for "security reasons". Perhaps they should have been watched a little closer. At least one foreign news agency has even stated that they were double agents hired by US and Saudi intelligence to penetrate the Wahhabi jihadist networks which spread across the Russian Caucasus, with the help of certain Saudi financial institutions. Instead, the two former Chechens betrayed their mission and went over secretly to the radical Islamist networks.

Maybe BS and maybe not. Stranger things have happened and backfired on intelligence agencies in the past. Anyway it is enough to make one pause for thought.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.