• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 bombs explode in boston

There were too many people at that time. All the leaders had finished already. Which are mostly sponsored out of towners with 1-2 spectators and media. The ones crossing at this point were amateurs. The runners with 3-4, or more, family/friends watching them actually finish the Boston Marathon. The whole thing is tragic. The culprit(s) should be publicly executed and a video posted on YouTube.

Suspect found, suspect arrested now CNN is saying no arrest made wtf I swear CNN is ran by tweakers

Sent from my SCH-i605 on Verizon 4G LTE.

Reactions: 1 person
Brake Weight I think people are becoming complacent again ,its been twelve years since 911 ,their going back to sleep again and the creeps that do these cowardly things know it ! There are commercials on tv here in ny reminding people to be alert for suspicious people packages and such and speak up if they see something suspisious ,they sure were not doing this in Boston and should have been especialy at an event like the marothon. Just my opinion

I try to keep my situational awareness high as best I can in strange crowded places. I saw on CNN or Fox or one of the news networks where they showed a still image from some video and you can plainly see a large bag on the outside of the barricade. The next still image was an explosion from that very area. Personally, I'm the type of person, to at a minimum, kick that bag to get an idea of what was in it and maybe why it was left, had I been near it. In this screwed up day and age it could have had a baby in it for all I know.

We aren't doing this to ourselves, it's just so easy to do. People aren't raised like they used to be. Can't really blame ourselves for letting it happen, it's just a screwed up society we live in now.

Brake Weight I agree we do live in a screwed up society today ,all the more reason to be aware of your surroundings like you I probably would have kicked that bag or asked a cop to check it if I saw it laying there ,its a shame so many were killed and maimed by these cowards ,but I bet the people in mass. will pay more attention to whats going on in the future ,at least I hope they will .

Hindsight is always 20/20. The problem is that it is quite commonplace for people to remove a backpack and set it on the ground near them. Likely everyone that saw it assumed it belonged to the person standing closest to it. Given that I doubt that anyone would just simply walk up to it and give it a kick to make sure it was safe. What if it had a tamper switch and you just blew yourself up along with surrounding people?

I'm not talking a 50 yard field goal type kick. Maybe a kick the door back open at your house without punching a hole in the sheetrock while bringing in two armloads of stuff type kick. More like a nudge.

There's no point living in fear or terror, nor constantly casing each situation like Jason Bourne.

The chances someone will be a victim of terrorism in the US are 1 in a billion. I will keep my eyes open, but I will not live in fear.

I'm not talking a 50 yard field goal type kick. Maybe a kick the door back open at your house without punching a hole in the sheetrock while bringing in two armloads of stuff type kick. More like a nudge.

There's no point living in fear or terror, nor constantly casing each situation like Jason Bourne.

Nor was I. I work with mercury switches all the time at work. They are extremely sensitive to movement especially tilt. A simple mercury switch as a tamper switch and you wouldn't be able to carefully pick it up without tripping it let alone give it a "gentle kick". Anyone that suspects something is not right yet feels confident to bump,nudge, or otherwise move something they suspect to be a bomb etc is foolhardy. Best to restrict access to it and call the authorities and have it be a false alarm than to find out you were right the hard way.

Nor was I. I work with mercury switches all the time at work. They are extremely sensitive to movement especially tilt. A simple mercury switch as a tamper switch and you wouldn't be able to carefully pick it up without tripping it let alone give it a "gentle kick". Anyone that suspects something is not right yet feels confident to bump,nudge, or otherwise move something they suspect to be a bomb etc is foolhardy. Best to restrict access to it and call the authorities and have it be a false alarm than to find out you were right the hard way.

About every two weeks there is some sort of bomb scare here. No one kicks or acts tupid about it no matter how many false alarms there are. Each one is examined by bomb squad.

Sent from my SCH-i605 on Verizon 4G LTE.

Mercury switches? We need to get Riggs and Rog on this..providing they aren't too old for this "sh@t"

A mercury switch makes a very effective readily available low cost tamper switch regardless of how old tech you or anyone else may think it is. Two switches mounted at right angles makes something damned near impossible to pick up and move without triggering at least one of them and that is when you know they are there.

We use them as event counters in a tilt application at work BTW.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.