• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 Element Yagi

Feb 4, 2015
Was wondering if anyone has dimensions for a 2 element yagi on 11 meters. Space limits a 3 element or higher. I have the Maco BA1 dipole, thinking of adding another element and make it a 2. Having a hard time finding any info for a 2 element yagi for 11 meters. Any ideas or info.Thanks

Reactions: hotrod

Was wondering if anyone has dimensions for a 2 element yagi on 11 meters. Space limits a 3 element or higher. I have the Maco BA1 dipole, thinking of adding another element and make it a 2. Having a hard time finding any info for a 2 element yagi for 11 meters. Any ideas or info.Thanks
ive always wondered how that maco BA1 worked.. i too thoght about doing what you said. idk kmowe spacing or anything but id try a boom lenth of 6 feet min

Reactions: 314
http://www.antentop.org/w4rnl.001/ant6.html
Using a reflector and Driven element.
However, (Bill Orr) states in His handbook, if your interested in slightly more forward gain and F/B rejection is not a concern using a director at .11 wavelength spacing offers this (27.400 = 4.38 ft spacing) Director at 16.42 ft length
The driven element is 17.31 ft.
Info from the 19th edition of his Radio Handbook.
Forward Gain with Director is about 5.3 dBd with F/B ratio about 10dB
Forward Gain with Reflector is about 4.3 dBd with F/B ratio about 10-15+dB but requires GREATER SPACING (.2 wavelength spacing)

Thanks for the replies, I have a 6ft boom and the 2 elements and gamma. Would the boom need to be shorter so the mounting bracket is in the middle of the boom, or could I have it on a 6ft boom and have the bracket @ the end of it.

I'm interested in finding out how a 2element will do, never made a thought to make one. I'll have a better understanding after today when I put it together. I'll have to try it on vertical also, but flatside is my main reason for trying it out

4 1/2 FOOT BOOM AND USE A DRIVEN ELEMENT WITH A DIRECTOR THATS IT YOU WILL HAVE A GAIN OF 5 DB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.