• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 Meter Radio Recommendations?

Black-bird

Aug 23, 2010
I'm sure this has all been said before, so maybe I just need a referral to some recent information, but I'm interested in opinions about the latest and greatest 2 meter radios that are "preferred". Could be mobile or base! Thanks for any feedback.

a straight 2 meter radio ?

Icom IC-2200H is a solid little rig,that is what I am running and I like it...not a single complaint from me

Another one if you can find one in good shape is the Radio Shack HTX- 212

Been a while since those were made but they were a great 2 meter rig

I dunno about the "latest and greatest", but I've had some Icoms, a 2200H a couple 2100H's, a 2000 and two V8000;s. All worked fine. The Yeasu's I've had were/are dual banders and were just as good.

Do you want FM or all mode?

I'll second the recommendation for the 2200h.. Run one mobile and it has been through hell and still works as good as the day I took it out of the box.

I also own a V8000 and it's a solid radio.

In my truck I'm running an older HTX-242 Radio Shack... it's farily plain jane with no alpha tags for memories, only 40 memories, etc, but I've owned this rig for over 10 years with no problems.

If you want a single band, 2 meter radio, they all work about the same, although both the Yaesu FT-2900R and Icom IC-V8000 do output 75 watts! If you want a dual band, there are a lot more other features available.

I like my kenwood tm-271a. puts out 60 watts and is very small . and supposedly mil-spec.. rugged...(whatever that really means)

Attachments

• pict1.jpg
    pict1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 321
Thanks

I appreciate all the feedback you have provided on these different 2 meter radios. I think a 2 meter only is the ticket for now. Thanks for taking the time to post your opinions. I certainly value your inputs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.