• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

29xlr where to start?

blueridge

Sep 19, 2009
Just got a 29xlr and it powers up but no receive or transmit. have chased my tail on it for several hours now, replaced several caps and attempted to trace voltages to no avail. Anyone know what the test point voltages should be in this rig or any ideas of common problems, Thanks

Just got a 29xlr and it powers up but no receive or transmit. have chased my tail on it for several hours now, replaced several caps and attempted to trace voltages to no avail. Anyone know what the test point voltages should be in this rig or any ideas of common problems, Thanks

I worked on one that was missing channels 1 through about 19. It seems that someone had wound L20 all of the way down to the bottom where it was stuck. Luckily I had another one in a parts radio. Once I got the PLL voltage set right, the radio worked like brand new. Now, it still didn't look brand new mind you, but I guess it had sentimental value to the owner.

you can start by pulling the final and sending it to me for my 89xlr.

no rx or tx are you sure the final is even good. pretty common problrm on those, there was a service bulliten in the late 70's that addressed it but i dont think many did it.

you can start by pulling the final and sending it to me for my 89xlr.

no rx or tx are you sure the final is even good. pretty common problrm on those, there was a service bulliten in the late 70's that addressed it but i dont think many did it.

the final tests ok out of circuit and so does the driver, the coil that feeds the driver doesn't have any output voltage, but does have input, should it? the driver and final have collector voltages but nothing else. any ideas on this part?

Does that radio require a microphone to plugged in to have receive like unidens? if so you may have a broken wire in the microphone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1