• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2m and 70cm base set up

if you just want to hear yourself, you'll probably have to tune the scanner to the input frequency that you're transmitting on. You're more than likely de-sensing the receiver so you won't be able to hear the repeater output when you're transmitting within a few Mhz of that frequency.

Well I did hear myself when I set the scanner to the input freq.
And I made my first ham radio contact just after that.

I just have a few loose ends to tie up and I hope I am good to go. I'm gonna check the SWR again just to be sure it is ok.
Thank you all for all the help and support. I'm really happy I joined this forum.

Thanks again

A word of advice when you check SWR, I believe your meter has a high and a low putput button on the front....make sure you read the instructions.

I usually set the radio to a 5 watt output and then set the meter to the low side. If you have the radio on high and the meter on low or vice versa, it may not read correctly.

A 1.5:1 or lower SWR is great, 2.0:1 is ok, 3.0:1 and you don't want to transmit anymore until you find out what's going on...whether it be a short in the coax or an incorrect antenna length.

Thank you for the advice.

I checked it again and everything was good!

The I made another contact, It feels really good to be on the air after all these years of dreaming about it.

Thanks again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.