• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

3-500z

Dec 22, 2006
what will a (4)3-500z do watts ..its got all new amprex PD transformers it has bluegill on it.....but any how i can get the box for a 900 if it worth it?

If you need more power than 2 tubes can provide, get bigger tubes.

I'd run, not walk, from this amp. But I tend to be a purist when it comes to this stuff. I know a bunch of guys would just love to have a 4 X 3-500Z bowl box.

To answer your question, 3K - 4K would b about right, depending on the abuse.

2112 said:
what will a (4)3-500z do watts ..its got all new amprex PD transformers it has bluegill on it.....but any how i can get the box for a 900 if it worth it?

If, the transformer is big enough and you have the right drive, it will swing to 5 grand on a Bird 43P. This is a base amp or is it an AC Mobile piece? Last question, what area are you located in?

it

it was at one time a AC Mobile but now base....4-5 k on a bird 43p what about a 43 rms thanks
im in south ga

Re: it

2112 said:
it was at one time a AC Mobile but now base....4-5 k on a bird 43p what about a 43 rms thanks
im in south ga

yep, 1 tube you can get a safe 1000 watts...
and 900.00 isn't a bad deal at all :) I can get 10 pills all day with the DC power supply's,but choose tubes over them
heathkit's like the SB220 with 2 of them tubes avg price is about
500-600.... and you can drive them tubes from 50-400 watts input maybe even more for them 4...

Master Chief said:
If you need more power than 2 tubes can provide, get bigger tubes.

I'd run, not walk, from this amp. But I tend to be a purist when it comes to this stuff. I know a bunch of guys would just love to have a 4 X 3-500Z bowl box.

To answer your question, 3K - 4K would b about right, depending on the abuse.

some people just get scared from all that power :p

Sounds like someone got wise and got rid of it. Now, someone else has gotten wise and is getting rid of it too. Be the first on your block!
- 'Doc

hmm

well dont know what to do he has a one more but he wonts 1800 for it it a two tuber 3000a7 and realy think it will do toooooo much i think? for what i need it for. if yall think the 4 tuber will do around 4-5 thats what i need but thanks for the help...

Re: hmm

2112 said:
well dont know what to do he has a one more but he wonts 1800 for it it a two tuber 3000a7 and realy think it will do toooooo much i think? for what i need it for. if yall think the 4 tuber will do around 4-5 thats what i need but thanks for the help...

3CX3000A7

The output power 100 watts drive(in) 2500 to 3000+ watts per tube (out) and each tube can handle 400 watts or more drive on all bands. ...so not bad for 1800 bucks..lol

hmm

lol no i dont wont to put that much into a box... and it will do to much for what i need it for...

I don't recommend the A7 version. It makes a nice modulator for a Continental 317-C as designed, but the OTHER 3X3 is the one you want.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.