• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

3.814 Bashing???

MIG
I was thinking today as a matter of fact how intimidated I was when I first got my ticket & tried to get onto 75/80... I had a crappy antenna & 100w max output.
I to felt like I was being ignored.
I tried to get into a QSO with some guys down south & they basically told me to take a hike.
That being said... Because of this experience I have always made it a point to include &/or talk to anyone that breaks into a QSO I happen to be in.
I would never want someone to feel left out as I did @ the time.

Sometimes people get treated like crap on the bands & (Again) I say that I would never treat someone like that.

I took your statement as a dig @ myself & others that share 3.814.
I can guarantee that you were NEVER ignored & most likely just not heard.

It is also tough to get in sometimes simply because we tend to big big mouths & VERY quick on the key...

The group on 3.814 are some of the best guys on the bands. Without question & I will go to bat for (Most) of them.. : )

I apologize if you were made to feel anything but welcomed & I hope you try again.

Now if only Chris KC2RGW would take back his stupid statements about us & actually find out facts before posting absolute non-sense. We could put this behind us & move on..

Thanks for reading..

SIGNED!!! : )
Joe
KX2V

Like I said. Put up a doublet and things will start happening. I'm on a small lot too. So are a lot of us.

Antenna party at your place MIG?

No harm, no foul Joe, I'm sure it was a mixture of two things, my low power through a crap antenna, and that thing you mentioned about you guys being quick on the key......LOL

HiDef.....I'd love to put up a doublet, but the way my yard is set up, the ladder line would drop straight into my swimming pool, or have to hang precariously over top of it.

Once all the leaves fall off my trees, and I can do a little trim work, and hopefully find a way to stretch something better, I may be able to come up with something a lot more effective than that "ran-dumb" wire I have....

BTW....for whatever reason, that wire seems to be working fairly good on 40 meters right now....go figure....

An opinion was given on a group of people. No names were used for a reason. it was all of you that associated names with the opinion I gave, not me. I still won't comment specific to people.

I left the group as it were, not because of attacks on me, but because of attacks on my friends on the air that I sat and listened to. Good people who were simply victimized by a pack mentality.

I listen a _lot_ more than I ever talk. I listen at hours that people wouldn't expect me to. I don't make baseless claims.

I don't air dirty laundry on the air, it's not the place. I made a statement of opinion without including names or call signs because that is the right way to handle it. I never said a word on the air, I simply just left the group....I did hear several long conversations mentioning my call on the air though...yes I heard them.

To have lists of 'persona non grata' (not 'allowed' on the frequency) put on the air and in email regarding people who have never commented on the group on the air and when they aren't present to comment should give people an idea of what happens with this group.

I'm not 'hiding' here, my user name pre-dates my ham license when I first got on this forum. it was what I used in the 80's on CB. Hell, Tony knows who I am.

Hey, at least the forum has a bunch of new signups from people digging for this post.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated