• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

30-30 Ammo

:eek: $2.30 per round, holy Osama bin Biden!
$46 a box of 20 :eek:
I remember the day, seems like yesterday, $17.98; Got some of those Winchester rounds with a hollow point. Glad I stocked up.

DXman, Ammo-Seek one of my goto sources. 30-30 Nosler 150gr. Ballitic tip @ $35/bx, still brings tears. 1st goto LAXammo; Hornady 30-30 WIN 160 GR FTX 20 RDS @$30/bx

Last edited:
I just looked at Cabelas here in Nova Scotia and 30-30 winchester is crazy priced. I don't have a 30-30 and glad of it with these prices. Price is per box of 20 and this is the ONLY type available. No choices.

1665923337607.png

• Wow
Reactions: DXman and Rwb
I just looked at Cabelas here in Nova Scotia and 30-30 winchester is crazy priced. I don't have a 30-30 and glad of it with these prices. Price is per box of 20 and this is the ONLY type available. No choices.

View attachment 60906
Nosler ammo has always been high priced. I use to reload a lot of their Ballistic Tip and Partition bullets, but no more.

Reactions: Rwb
I reloaded their Ballistic Tip 270Win. Loved 'em for their accuracy. A Whitworth barrel on a '98 action shot 3/4" grp the BT bullets tightened that up. Am curious about Howa barrels?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
I reloaded their Ballistic Tip 270Win. Loved 'em for their accuracy. A Whitworth barrel on a '98 action shot 3/4" grp the BT bullets tightened that up. Am curious about Howa barrels?
Alabama Buckeye - that's what I also loaded for my 270, I first started with 130 gr. but that was to light, bullet completely "blew up" inside a couple inches on a Black tail deer. I then went up the 140gr and that worked pretty good.
I also loaded my '06 with the 150gr B-Tip, excellent accuracy from 22" Rem 700 barrel. It also did a find job on anchoring the Black Tail and White Tail.

Alabama Buckeye - that's what I also loaded for my 270, I first started with 130 gr. but that was to light, bullet completely "blew up" inside a couple inches on a Black tail deer. I then went up the 140gr and that worked pretty good.
I also loaded my '06 with the 150gr B-Tip, excellent accuracy from 22" Rem 700 barrel. It also did a find job on anchoring the Black Tail and White Tail.
I loved them 140gr BT boat-tails as the most accurate; but, hard to get. Used 130s for coyotes and chucks; same results, they didn't stand a chance. Deer hunting called for 150s or 140s, when I had them.

Reloading has become a must with ammo prices. I have gotten enough supplies quite a while back to be good for a while and I'm glad I did with the prices. I also have a brass annealing setup to keep my brass firing for a long time.

Prices are ridiculous.

I was fortunate to be able to get all of my brass free for many years. Rifle range + gravel pits around here always had plenty of brass laying around.
I sold over 2000 brass casings (30-06) to local scrap yard one day. I also made a $40 sale to one gentlemen on some 300 Weatherby Magnum casing that I had found at range (sold 40 of them for $1 ea.).

By selling the brass I was able to buy my reloading supplies at a very low cost for about 20 yrs.

But now the days of reloading are over and all my equipment is now with my son.

Reactions: Holydvr
I bought a used henry all weather back in Jan and started to look for brass and bullets to reload. It was difficult to find the brass. I did eventually find some. Now I have quite a bit. The bullets are expensive but it seems all our supplies are expensive. I am still looking for large primers!
I will sell off some of my fired brass to fund primers.
For plinking I have been using coated lead bullets.

I bought a new Glock 23 Gen 5 a couple years ago I haven't even shot yet so the other day I stopped to buy some self defense ammo because all I had was FMJ stuff. Paid $32.00 for a box of 20 Remington Hollow points so I guess I'll have to get more serious about searching. Either that or dig out my reloading equipment again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated