• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4 tube courier amp

CHARLEYMARBLES

Jul 2, 2005
Central Michigan
I just won one off an auction and would like some info on it?

It's running 4 6lq6's

Was woundering what I might see outta it when I get it and if there's anything I should watchout for as far as drive or anything?

thanx in advance
Chuck

lol lol lol Thats funny Chief I was half expecting someone to say somthing along the lines of (nothing till you key it up)LOL LOL LOL

NOW GO SWAB THAT DECK YA SWABBIE :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p

Chuck

P.S. I'll just be over here diggin myself a foxhole :shock: :? :shock:

Drifter said:
CHARLEYMARBLES said:
Deal fell apart :( :( :(

I fragged the rear end in my truck :cry: :cry:

Need the truck more than I need the amp :? :shock: :?

Chuck
How did you get out of buying the amp after you won the auction???

I once had a "Non paying buyer" win one of my eBay auction; she kept on promising to pay and then she went NARU!

The only thing lower than a NPB on an auction site is Whale snit on the bottom of the ocean!

Well paws I'm realy glad life has NEVER happined to you?
Don't know what happined to your deal but it has left you angry I suggest you seek help.

And drifter I just sent the seller an e-mail explaining my situation and he left me bad feedback.

Guess I should have just left him hanging like Paws friend did but I was trying to be decent about it maby it WAS paws??

Realy don't see how I could have handeled it any better but if someone has any suggestions please post them?

Chuck

CHARLEYMARBLES said:
Don't know what happined to your deal but it has left you angry I suggest you seek help.

And drifter I just sent the seller an e-mail explaining my situation and he left me bad feedback.

Guess I should have just left him hanging like Paws friend did but I was trying to be decent about it maby it WAS paws??

Realy don't see how I could have handeled it any better but if someone has any suggestions please post them?

Chuck

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck my thoughtful (but non-paying bidder) friend; having been around since '52, I have had my experiences with "Life" and it does indeed "Come At You Fast" but, because I had a "PLAN", I managed to handle it. And, as far as needing (and benefiting from) Mental Health professionals, "been-there-done-that" (certainly not over eBay) and, I would recommend it for everyone, especially the ones who think that they don't need it (I don't know anyone who cannot benefit from the experience and knowledge of trained professionals except maybe "Chuck").

Chuck, I am not sure of your status on eBay, I do not know whether or not you are familiar with the selling process on the auction site or if you are only a buyer.

EBay is free to to buyer, it does not cost you anything to browse the site or bid on items for sale however, it does cost money for the seller to list items for auction. Also Chuck, when you the bidder bids on an item, a contract is formed when you win; you are legally bound to follow thru and fulfill you commitment to the sale.

I once listed an item for sale with a "Reserve Price", I posted pics, and I used the special promotion services that eBay offers to get you a higher selling price. All together, it cost over $25.00 to list the item. The item was bidded up over 300 bucks by interested buyers and then the "NonPayer" jumped in at the last moment and won the auction with a single bid. What about the folks who really wanted the item and could afford it?

Long story short; because of the NPB I lost $25.00 on the first auction, the honest bidders got screwed and, I had to spend another $25.00 in fees to re-list.

Chuck, do not take this personally but, Collection agencies (and "Good Guys" like me) hear so many stories and excuses from dead-beats (and relatives) that it kinda hardens your heart.

So, the seller trashed your eBay username and probably warned the selling community to watch out for you and others of your ilk, that's the least that you deserve; if I had my way all Non Paying Bidders would be reported to the credit bureaus!

paws264 said:
CHARLEYMARBLES said:

Chuck

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck my thoughtful (but non-paying bidder) friend; having been around since '52, I have had my experiences with "Life" and it does indeed "Come At You Fast" but, because I had a "PLAN", I managed to handle it. And, as far as needing (and benefiting from) Mental Health professionals, "been-there-done-that" (certainly not over eBay) and, I would recommend it for everyone, especially the ones who think that they don't need it (I don't know anyone who cannot benefit from the experience and knowledge of trained professionals except maybe "Chuck").

Chuck, I am not sure of your status on eBay, I do not know whether or not you are familiar with the selling process on the auction site or if you are only a buyer.

EBay is free to to buyer, it does not cost you anything to browse the site or bid on items for sale however, it does cost money for the seller to list items for auction. Also Chuck, when you the bidder bids on an item, a contract is formed when you win; you are legally bound to follow thru and fulfill you commitment to the sale.

I once listed an item for sale with a "Reserve Price", I posted pics, and I used the special promotion services that eBay offers to get you a higher selling price. All together, it cost over $25.00 to list the item. The item was bidded up over 300 bucks by interested buyers and then the "NonPayer" jumped in at the last moment and won the auction with a single bid. What about the folks who really wanted the item and could afford it?

Long story short; because of the NPB I lost $25.00 on the first auction, the honest bidders got screwed and, I had to spend another $25.00 in fees to re-list.

Chuck, do not take this personally but, Collection agencies (and "Good Guys" like me) hear so many stories and excuses from dead-beats (and relatives) that it kinda hardens your heart.

So, the seller trashed your eBay username and probably warned the selling community to watch out for you and others of your ilk, that's the least that you deserve; if I had my way all Non Paying Bidders would be reported to the credit bureaus!
Your Feed Back Score on Ebay work just like your credit score. I mentain a 100% possitive feed back rating. Damn proud of it too. I will not buy from a seller if his Possitive FeedBack rating is less than 95% with a high score, and some sellers do not allow you to bid on their items if your numbers are below a certain point. I also agree that bumps in life do come along. I am in no way judging your situation. I was just curious. I got the impression from your post that you got out of paying without getting your fingers whacked. You said the seller left you a negative feedback as a Non Paying bidder. so that explains it. :(

PAWS TRY YAHOO AUCTIONS I THINK IT IS FREE TO LIST ON THERE BUT NOT SURE ? AS FAR AS YOUR HEART BEING HARD THAT IS A CHOICE AND IF YOU DECIDE TO ALLOW IT TO BE THAT WAY THEN IT IS UP TO YOU.
MY E-MAIL TO THE SELLER INDICATED THAT I WAS STILL WILLING TO PAY FOR THE AMP BUT THAT IT WOULD TAKE ME A FEW WEEKS TO REGENERATE THE FUNDS, SO I DON'T SEE WHERE YOU GET OFF WITH THE "I'M SOME KIND OF DEADBEAT BIDDER" FRICKEN ATTATUDE?

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE ME BUT DON'T TRY TO VILLIFY ME WHEN I DID THE BEST I COULD. SORRY YOU HAVE NOT HAD THE CHANCE TO DEAL WITH SOMEONE WHO IS AT LEAST DECENT ENUFF TO CONTACT YOU AND EXPLAINE WHAT IS GOING ON AND TRY TO WORK OUT SOME KIND OF SOLUTION.

CHUCK

p.s. I AGREE ON THE SERVICES OF A PROFESSINAL THING :)

Chuck, your "CAPS LOCK" key seems to have accidentally(?) gotten stuck in the "on" position, either that or you are heated and are "SHOUTING" at me.

Chuck, you are a worldly fellow, you know how the Muslims have that pilgrimage to Mecca where they all circle around that pillar that represents the 'Devil' and they throw stones at it?

Today Chuck you are that ceremonial "NPB-Devil" and I symbolically represent all the eBay sellers on that tour; you get to be the scapegoat/whipping boy and accept all the abuse for ALL the other Non Paying Bidders on eBay!

Chuck, you know that I am just yanking your chain.

Yahoo Auctions are free but there are no buyer or seller protection plans and eBay is known and seen world wide; why heck, I bet I even had some Martians wanting to bid on my auction but they just did not have a PayPal account.

Let this be a lesson to you and a warning to others: Don't bid on an item if you are not ready to buy it and, when you win the auction use PayPal and complete the transaction immediately before the roof springs a leak, the Ferret has to go to the vet to get spayed or, buyers remorse sets in.

No buyers remorse here I really want the amp but I REALLY NEED the truck. And if it dosen't sell before I can get the funds up I'll buy it, it really is that simple.

If need be I can create a second account in the wife's name to compleat the transaction :twisted:

See I DO know how to play the game if I have to.

And I'm glad to hear you have come to relize that as that pillar I will stand for something before I fall for anything.

Chuck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.