• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

40 watt mod? here's the scoop

mag69

Oct 2, 2005
MI
I did this mod on my 3 radios, one 25LTD, 29 LTD ST and 78XL
and have got 43watts on the 25, 45watts on the 29 and 55watts on the 78XL. its works :D
And I know some hater will come back with a (I have a 100watt 19LTD, If you don't believe me ask me) comment
here's a link check out the mod yourself
CB TRICKS

It seems alot more possible with those erf 2030's anyways-- i'm interested to see what a dual final radio like a connex or 959 will do
How is the modulation?
I know the transistors are only $4. but how much are the en1230, en369dr or en369ef ?
I've had the spec sheets for quite a while-- just haven't tried them yet-- nice to see guys are using them
A friend of mine that has a shop up here in Canada just got some in and is trying a 29 style chassis-- radio was completely stock, just from changing the new transistor, an en1230, a cap and taking out a couple of parts it wattage went up to 20 watts without any other real tuning-- it was something like 4 swinging to 20 with very littlke work-- he had to put it aside so he is still working on it-- one thing he did say is totalyy by passing the TVI coil did relativly nothing-- maybey 1 watt-- which is strange , he should have got alot larger of a fake reading from the amount of harmonics-- strange--- anyhow he put it back
So a very clean 4 swinging to 20-- stock driver/predriver, no other mods and he really didn't even play with the VR's and tune it up yet-- not bad for a replacement-- loks like it will do the specifications of 25 very easy and then some
Mag69-- how hot are these running?-- how many amps is the radio drawing? How cxlean is that 43 watts and 55 watts? What else have you done to the area of the driver/tank coil/filter etc etc? What kind of meter are you using?

A question on the cobra 25 mod..It says to remove R38. Should this be jumpered instead? If you completely remove it, it doesn't look like the antenna will connect to the board.

A question on the cobra 25 mod..It says to remove R38. Should this be jumpered instead? If you completely remove it, it doesn't look like the antenna will connect to the board.

Alrighty then !! I like these little dudes !! NIIIIIIIICE !! Appreciate the info there A-Shock !! Thanks Dude !! and Happy Holidays to you !! Good post MAG69 !!

Switch Kit said:
what is this erf 2030 ? ......is this a stronger final to the 1969 ? or the same ? thanks

It has a higher power rating than the 1969 according to the specs-- its rated at 25 watts-- from what the manufacturer says its a conservative rating-- they also go on to say
"in lab tests and real world modification, a single erf2030 has produced up to 40 watts PEP". "All results will vary and are solely determined by the circuit surrounding the erf2030"

Hats off to Bennie over at CB Tricks for all the info on his site.
That guy works his tail off uploading good stuff for everyone to use.

This looks to be a outstanding replacment/upgrade part with minor changes!

Jeff

Bennie's the man !! (CbTricks) Thanks Northstar ,I'll have to ask him next time around ,he's been very ill the last few months but he seems to have been picking it up a notch of late for the better , The G-Man is good !! (God) Happy Holidays dude !! Switch Kit

he really went out of his way for a few of those erf2030 mod sheets-- custom made a few with color diagrams-- he goes so far out of his way to make that site kick a$$
Thanks Bennie-- I say it as much as i can because you REALLY deserve it for the great job-- ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!

Yeap !! CBTricks is a great site !! ....even DBT's site is helpful ,Defprom and a few others .......they may not be perfect or even judgemental from time to time , but I will personally take my cap off to most of those guy's !! i understand that they tend to differ with one another on issues and why , but at least they still take the time to try and help the amiture radio hobbiest , I realize that many of those guy's are in the business to make money and feed the babies and pay the bills like the rest of us , but for them to take the time and share the knowledge with others without a price tag on it every now and then is a good thing. IM a firm believer that what goes around comes around , and sometimes you have to give it away in order to keep it (-: Make sence ? ....Even good people make mistakes or I would like to think that there is a little good in the worse of us and a little bad in the best of us......UPDATE .....you were right about that Northstar ! it was just a matter of time to print a little bit of this and that and make up a small package deal (-: Oh ....and the mod does work !! but like Justin said ,theres really no need to remove r38 .....my God man !!! I've got enough radio and life static to last me the rest of my living days !! (-:

I don't know how I missed this post, but I can't believe someone else didn't comment on the original poster's claim of having a 100-watt Cobra 19. Unless he bolted the radio to an external amp, or somehow stuffed a pill or two under that little radio's hood, Then I think someone's meter is more than a little off.

I think you read it wrong DTB )-: .....(And I know some hater will come back with a (I have a 100watt 19LTD, If you don't believe me ask me comment) ..I believe he was just referring to the 2030 mod.....I've been told comma's help a lot .....oh hell !! IM guilty of it all the time. My bad )-:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.