• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

50A Power Supply

These are good for like an amp or something that doesn’t need good voltage regulation as they will drop voltage at high current draw. Don’t use them on SSB radios or you will wouble all over. They are made to run 12 volts in RV’s like lights, AM/FM radio, water pump.

Thank you RatsoW8 (y) Big Thumbs Up!

Oh, what do I see here:

Connector 1: Mates with JST P/N :B7B-PH-K
Pin# - Description
1 Inhibit
2 Remote Sense +
3 Power Good +
4 Current Monitor
5 Current Share
6 5VSB
7 RS-

Specs look good on the other one they offer. Spoke to the factory tech in Cali earlier this morning to confirm they were on the up & up. Ordered up (4) of the other 50A units they offer. Almost too good to be true...Fingers crossed, report to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: RatsoW8 and 222DBFL
Please report your findings guys as these may be a cheap option for powering fans and even an amp if they will hold their voltage under a load of 1.5 times less than the rated 50A which would be about 33-34 amps constant at 100% duty cycle for $31. Less than a dollar an amp!! Hard to beat that as long as they will get close to 13.8vdc which I believe they stated 13.5vdc on the specs. At any rate. Great prose for them as long as they don't create a lot of hash!! Thx for the link RatsoW8 and also to BBB for getting some more info on them!! Hope to hear some good things out of these. Between all the guys here they could make a killing if these things work worth a darn I would tnink. Reports wil tell!! Again thx gents and look forward to your reports and picks as well or you didn't get them:D;)(y)(y)

Excellent price! I just wonder what will happen when exposed to high levels of RF energy.
I like this one better. Notice the ten turn pot to the right of the terminal strip. Also the AC power input is on the back side away from the DC out.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=291427567068

I just offered to buy two of them for $30.00 and they accepted! If they don't work for radio I have other things I can use them. Like electroplating and rust removal with an electrolysis procedure.

Last edited:
It's a power supply feeding frenzy up in here ;) I'm going to do a patio LED light project in the spring and was more interested in these for that purpose although I am going to see how they perform on an hf radio.

I just offered to buy two of them for $30.00 and they accepted!

$30 each, just to clarify. They will not sell them for less than $30 each for two (confirmed with the seller)

Still, a heck of a deal if they work.

$30 each, just to clarify. They will not sell them for less than $30 each for two (confirmed with the seller)

Still, a heck of a deal if they work.
I have the email from eBay saying they accepted my offer of 30.00 each but can't copy and paste it here. It keeps saying a server error has occurred.

Attachments

• Paid invoice_20160112_0002.pdf
    453.5 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Note this is not the same unit listed at the top of the post by RatsoW8, but a second different unit that Tallman posted later by the same seller.
That's right. The reason I brought that one to the forefront was because of the TEN TURN pot for the voltage adjustment.

The seller is quick on shipping. Received the two supplies yesterday but I won't have time to play with them until Saturday. I'll post a short review on the model I bought once I have a chance to use them.

Reactions: 222DBFL
So I got home tonight and couldn't resist powering up one of these supplies. I adjusted the voltage to 13.8 and attached a Kenwood TS-140S hf rig. The voltage on the PS is rock solid at least up to 100 watts SSB and FM. I listened to my signal on another receiver and there was no audio distortion or other noise. The supply also doesn't have any obvious birdies or other hash on the Kenwoods receiver.

One slight drawback - The PS fan is louder than I'd like. I'll hook up the other supply this weekend to see if it's the same. So far though they seem like a great deal though!

Reactions: Road Squawker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated