• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

52 Amp Power Supply

In which power supply? Brand and model would be helpful. Most power supplies have a voltage trimming pot in them. The Astron's do.

Good luck - Game On!

Take the cover off and look for any adjustment pots. There's nothing else in a linear power supply to adjust except for the voltage output. Connect a voltmeter to the output and turn the pot and see if the voltage changes. Pretty simple

If your running a class-C amp, you can power it right off the big capacitor(s) inside the supply, right after the bridge rectifier. its 18v at no load. But dont run any radio off that point.

i have one of these.

undertaker is right, it wont go up to 15 volts with the front control.

i think i can get about 14.5 out of mine, which is close.

not sure on the internal adjustment.

one other thing. mine will only do about 40-45 amps before its starts clicking on and off.

maybe thats just mine, but i thought id mention it.

LC

Take the cover off and look for any adjustment pots. There's nothing else in a linear power supply to adjust except for the voltage output. Connect a voltmeter to the output and turn the pot and see if the voltage changes. Pretty simple
There is 3 adjustment pots on the inside. 1 controls the amp meter, 1 controls the volt meter and the other one controls the crowbar adjustment.. Neither control the voltage, that is done with the knob on the front..

Big 10-4

I haven't seen this supply in person and Undertaker didn't mention that it had a front control. Thanks

mine will only do about 40-45 amps before its starts clicking on and off.
LC

That is typical. Nothing wrong with these power supplies. Not the greatest, not the worst by far.

I would consider this a 52 AMP (instant) "peak" power supply. Should supply a 2 pill no problemo. A 4 pill in "lo", perhaps, but you're gonna run out of headroom right quick like and get the "clicking".

I'll take the lid off mine and see if I can be any help...

hey guys, I am looking for a schematic for the board itself and not the whole ps. Anybody got some help? This one I have is putting out 2o volts... Thanx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio