• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 meters

IMD262 i was lucky enough to work a station from the state of NY last summer so please listen up for grid DM09 (Nevada). I will keep an ear out for your grid number. Good luck on the magic band. 73

QRN i am a little rusty on my some of my Q codes :roll: So i refered back to my book. I now have you on my list and will be QRV from DM09 :p 73

Alright fellas i have everyone wrote down with forum handle and grid so i will pay close attention. BTW i am using a 2 element yagi with a 6.3dbi gain @ 35ft.
I also QSL 100% so if your needing a new State or grid let me know.

jonbah said:
I'll be in there on 50.125 with a 5 element homebrew and FM simplex in the mobil listen up for FN-10

QRN what type of feed are you using on your homebrew 6 element?

Jonbah

I am using a Beta match also called a hairpin match with a 4:1 coaxial balun made from Belden 8214 coax cable.I tried a gamma match but was frustrated with getting the dimensions correct.The beta match worked first time and only required a slight tweaking of the element length.

I am using a Beta match also called a hairpin match with a 4:1 coaxial balun made from Belden 8214 coax cable.I tried a gamma match but was frustrated with getting the dimensions correct.The beta match worked first time and only required a slight tweaking of the element length.

Sounds good I'll bet it works well. I'm using the K1FO design with the T-Match, Its still in the testing phase but all looks good so far.

TNX
Jonbah

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.