• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

75 amp power supply

Researching the Powermax, I found they make the Boondocker. Seems Boondocker is sold exclusively. On Powermax site the pm4 and pm3 are listed, along with Bowfisher, and Boondocker. Not sure what difference is between PM3/ 4 and Boondocker besides warranty, the Bowfisher is set up different.

Got mine from a cb shop in Fla. 180.00 shipped
Well....seems you might want to send it to Clay's in San Antonio, for $65 they will tune that thing correctly.

I paid the discount premium price for new N2 from Clay's, tuned, with RK mic. Spec sht reads low pwr=20 to 100...Hi pwr=100 to 260. No spec for ssb.

It is a pyramid ps-52 regulated power supply. But it is kinda old have had it for years... The new power supply will be switching which the tech recommended.

I have had more issues with Pyramid Power supplies than any other brand followed by Tripp-Lite.I have owned Pyramid supplies that were rated far higher than the needed amperage & they would not handle the load.My local neighbors have had the same issues as well.I use ASTRON Power Supplies now & the RS-70M I have has been a Beast for a very long time.Buy a quality power supply & throw that garbage Pyramid in the trash & do yourself a favor.

SIX-SHOOTER

I have had more issues with Pyramid Power supplies than any other brand followed by Tripp-Lite.I have owned Pyramid supplies that were rated far higher than the needed amperage & they would not handle the load.My local neighbors have had the same issues as well.I use ASTRON Power Supplies now & the RS-70M I have has been a Beast for a very long time.Buy a quality power supply & throw that garbage Pyramid in the trash & do yourself a favor.

I just did...
SIX-SHOOTER

Redbeard I got the power supply from Fla. Not the radio....
Ok. Prolly per supply. Was told this MW 350 would be enough for the N2. But I'm sure ssb will be too much. Sent Powermax a email. Shade tree is running the PM3 100A. Needed power supply for camper back a spell and Boondocker was the best. But I ran with factory 555 because I didn't want to do a simple conversion . The converter puts out clean power at 80 to 90 % of max load.

Had to get one to run my 2970n2. The shop I bought it from said that the 52 amp supply was just not enough for side band. It worked fine on am but the display would go out on ssb. So it will be here Tuesday and if that does not work radio will have to go back to Ranger...It would pull it down when I tried to modulate.. So I guess we will see..

DAMNIT!!!!!!!

Its broken. My 200W Kenwood TS480 only draws 42A peak.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.