• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

7kW tube

Make a nice driver!
If you could afford to run the final...:D
All the best
BJ
no sh*t. only 8-12db gain for 4kw. you need between 250w and 650w drive. thats crappy for a tetrode. id go with a 4-1000. in grounded grid 175w in will drive it to 3500wpep or screen driving it 30w will get 3500 out

no sh*t. only 8-12db gain for 4kw. you need between 250w and 650w drive. thats crappy for a tetrode. id go with a 4-1000. in grounded grid 175w in will drive it to 3500wpep or screen driving it 30w will get 3500 out

Got a home brew sitting in the shack 5700 vdc on top of that big bottle, sure warms the shack up and makes that watt meter know it is getting a work out.:D 75 watts of drive will make a 2kw watt meter cry.

Got a home brew sitting in the shack 5700 vdc on top of that big bottle, sure warms the shack up and makes that watt meter know it is getting a work out.:D 75 watts of drive will make a 2kw watt meter cry.
is that 5700v under load or at idle? what amount of plate current under full load?

is that 5700v under load or at idle? what amount of plate current under full load?

At idle. drops to around 5400 under load, 75 watts drive .6ma PI, over 2KW carrier output. Tube is just loafing at that drive level, PS rated at 1.5 amp CCS.

I built it just to build one using a 4x1, tested it, worked it on 75 meters and 20 meters for a few weeks. Then rolled it into a corner and there it sits.

I don't know about tetrode tubes, but the russian triodes need biasing. Most like using the zero bias triodes so that no biasing is required. If they are not biased, the will draw heavy anode current and fail shortly after.

Some 4X1 amp schematics I have seen use Zero bias I prefer a zener in the circuit, keep the idle current lower. Think I put a 7.5V 50 watt in that circuit.

162gu47b.jpg

172gu47b.jpg

Two GU-47B by UY7MM.
Power output: 10 kW
Power supply: 380 V
Driver Power: 200 W

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.