• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

80 meter CW

park

Sep 30, 2006
Near Austin, TX
Looks like CW ops got the short end of the stick with the new changes to the 80 / 75 meter band. That's to bad, I use to really enjoy CW but don't seem to have the time for it anymore.

morse

Yep your right on that, that new phone section is already loaded in the evenings full of our northern neighbors.

No time for morse... come on, you use the internet, just tap in http://www.morsecodeonweb.homestead.com and download cwcom or try american morse KOB and then the next time your on the web just come on down.

doctor

CW 80 MTRS

This does not matter if you know how to use your filters and dsp in your rig you can work cw inbetween ssb signals ,I do it all the time on 30 and 40 mtr cw .The problem is the nets that meet between 3.600 and 3.700Mhz.and the digital modes,where are the rtty and psk folks going? its very unfair to the Generals and Advanced class who are going to lose all of that spectrum they had!I make at least 10 cw qsos a day and is no problem to me,must make room for ssb operators somewere? A sign of the times.
PAUL-K8PG CW LIVES

80 cw

Your right paul, and look back...the hams didnt use the cw spectrum <it was large>, on 80, only segments were used and many open spaces..the old saying use it or loose it..

doctor

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.