• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

800 watt amp transister or tube?

dejaskysdad

May 21, 2013
whats are the pros and cons of transistor and tube gonna be pickin up a tube amp shortly but not sure whats gonna be the best guy says when the tubes are hot he get about 800 watts but I get that out of my transistor amp whats gonn be the better choice? my radio is superstar 4900b and antennas are antron99 and syrio 4 element beam.......thanks for any input..73's

whats are the pros and cons of transistor and tube gonna be pickin up a tube amp shortly but not sure whats gonna be the best guy says when the tubes are hot he get about 800 watts but I get that out of my transistor amp whats gonn be the better choice? my radio is superstar 4900b and antennas are antron99 and syrio 4 element beam.......thanks for any input..73's

That would depend on what the amps had in it for tubes or transistors. People tend to overstate the real output. IMHO a solidstate amp is for mobile operation while a tube amp is for operation at home where AC power is available unless you want to have a HUGE beast of a power supply to run a high power transistor amp. Of course there is always the option of using a MOSFET amp on the base which requires a 50 volt power supply and then you could use a computer server power supply to power it. That's my plan for 1200 watts on 6m. :D

Dirty radio,very dirty signal.Plain and simple.Get a radio that has filtering,and the limiters not cut,and you will have a clean and good signal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.