• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

813 tube help

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
my buddy has just retubed an old homebrew tube amp that uses a pair of 813's, he says its grounded grid class AB2, he is getting 600w on fm with 30watt drive but was expecting more, does anybody know what power output he should be getting from this amp if its running correctly, thanks.

Hmmm. Tube's plate is rated at 125 Watts intermittent duty, so 600 from a pair that add up to 250 is about as good as it gets. The same ratio of output to tube-rating for two 3-500Z would be 2400 Watts. Those 813s are humpin'. Big time.

Just hard to find 813s that still have a good vacuum. The last few I checked were gassy, no good.

thanks guys i will check on the plate voltage but i will tell him thats about all hes going to get from it.

Don't expect ANY more from it and I would prefer to run it at around 500 watts to make it a bit easier on the tubes.I have seen several 813 amps running 800 watts INPUT to the plates and they typically had close to 600 watts output.Don't run any more than about 350 mA plate current for the pair of tubes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1