• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

828 in the Lonestar state off the air

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Well mi amigos, station came completely down today and all is in boxes so that means this station is off the air for a good while. It's good to see many of you gents making some nice qso's so what a heck of a time to not be talking. Things are going to be busy packing after work this week in order to be ready for the uhaul next week. Not much time for wwdx but I'll check in occasionally so you boys best behave now!
ResizedP_8dc06989-d675-47b1-9dc3-d8ce3e31b277_124359506457715.gif

Well mi amigos, station came completely down today and all is in boxes so that means this station is off the air for a good while. It's good to see many of you gents making some nice qso's so what a heck of a time to not be talking. Things are going to be busy packing after work this week in order to be ready for the uhaul next week. Not much time for wwdx but I'll check in occasionally so you boys best behave now!
View attachment 63025

Best wishes on your move my Friend,hope to hear you back on the air in the near future!!

73's

Gents, I appreciate it the best wishes!

I do have a radio in the truck (447hpc2) and Stryker 94hpc in the daily cruiser but as you can see they're am only. I've mostly left the ssb for the station and now wish I had made it so in the mobiles.

The daily driver isn't ssb because my work commute is currently 1.5 miles and the only place it goes so radio rarely even comes on. The big rig mainly for road information and on sites coordinating heavy equipment, so rarely get time to sit or for leisure.

So back to the daily driver. My commute after next week is now an hour so ssb is now on the table for that vehicle. First the antenna upgrade has to be addressed, the reason the quad 6 was taken out but isn't happening anytime soon.
Long work days, lots and lots of packing and on a crunch because the 26' uhaul shows up Monday.

For now this is where I'll be listening

Attachments

• 20230309_084937.jpg
    20230309_084937.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.