• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A bit of help and a big thank you

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Hello forum family as a few of you know I have been pretty ill off and on and I need something its not much its a small prayer and a small portion of the thought section of your mind I have surgery monday morning and this has me scared and as big as i am i can honestly say and admit i am scared .I am 33 and have fighting this stomach cancer and its been tough alot of you may notice I am here on the forum alot well thats because I love it and this is probally my favorite place to be go figure its my home page LMAO!!! I have been a member for 2 1/2 to 3 years now something like that. I have learned alot being here and want to attend electronics school if everything pans out for me after Monday. The best part about this site is to be able to ask a question and have it answered damn near amediatley and have it an accurate answer. I want to thanks Justin and also Greg Linearone these 2 guys have really help me with questions and services Its hard to beleive there are still people with a kind heart as these 2 guys have and ofcourse the rest of you The wildest part of it is how people can help oneanother and just play it off as no big deal and to look at it as nothing and or no big deal and not expect something out of it we just dont find that anymore do to society and getting burnt by it.It make me proud to be a member of such a group. If there was ever a time to beleive in the faith for me now is my time to . Godbless you all and take care of yourselves because as I know things can happen at anytime without warning and we all have to remember to never let the kindness and helping oneanother fade. Anyways Im gonna maker just fine my chins up high and thats where i have to hold my head for my wife and children. But a few extra thoughts and prayers never hurt... :D

If there was ever a time to beleive in the faith for me now is my time to

Tony,
While reading this I felt I wanted to share somethings that might encourage your faith.
In 1982 I was faced with the fact of my own demise. At that time I began to think about my life in the light of God and what lay beyond. I was an evil person. I came to the point that I got on knees and asked God to change my life and give me the inner strength to be the person He wanted me to be despite the ridacule I would face from those around me . He did exactly that. It was such a miraculous change that the community I lived in talked about the difference in my life. I moved to Pa. to attend Bible School.During that time I witnessed many miraculous answers to prayer. I remember when our first months rent was coming due I didn't have the money. I prayed that God would supply the need. The day the rent was due I went to the post office and there was a letter from someone around 100 miles away that I didn't know saying they felt God wanted them to help us. There was a check enclosed that was the exact amount of my rent. There was another time I was needing $66 for an insurance payment that I didn't have. I took it to God in prayer and the day the payment was due I got a letter from someone in NY that had a kitchen fire that damaged their cabenets. They said they wanted to tithe the amount of their ins. check to us and enclosed was a check for $66 !There were many of these answers to prayer I could share. But the one that I want to share involves my mother. Since I was a child she had MS. While I was in Bible School she took a turn for the worse. She came to my graduation and when she got out of the car I wouldn't have recognized her.She was walking with a cane and told me she had made arrangements in Roch,NY for 2 weeks of treatments. The DR. told her she would be in a wheel chair for the rest of her life.She was 45 years old at the time. The day came for her to leave and I felt strongly impressed to have prayer for and with her as when she got home her treatments were to begin. We bowed in prayer and I asked God to touch her that it would glorify Him to those around and encourage her faith. To prove to those around that He is the Living God and still answers prayer. She left and a few days later called me up in tears. She said she went to the hospital to start her treatments and the Dr. took some tests before he began. After the tests he sat down in front of my mother at a desk and just looked at her. My mother then asked what was wrong. He looked at her and said "I don't know where your body's from but you've gone into remission without any kind of treatments whatsoever". My mother burst out in tears and told the Dr. that her son had prayed and God anwered prayer. That was 20 years ago. She no longer walks with a cane, in fact she excersizes and walks 2 miles a day ! She has been in great health since that day. Tony, God does answer prayer !

As you may know from my previous posts, I am not a religous man and don't take much to prayer or church. What I do believe in are good friends, be it in the physical sense or people I never really meet; like through this forum and I will be hoping that all goes well for you. As in other posts, I will have my wife say a prayer. Good luck, and contact us as soon as you can.

"If there was ever a time to beleive in the faith for me now is my time to .Anyways Im gonna maker just fine my chins up high and thats where i have to hold my head for my wife and children. But a few extra thoughts and prayers never hurt..."

You've already got the right attitude my friend! That's the most important part,AND to have faith of course! I'm sure He
will see you thru this. I will say a special prayer for you and yours for sure. God Bless and good luck Tony.Keep us posted.

Your friend from the land of the worthless nut.(me too)
Slim CDX285 ;)

Tony,
I had "open heart" surgery 5 yrs ago and what got me thru the ordeal was; I believed in the doctors to do the right thing, it would not have given me any peace of mine if I hadn't believed that.

So, put your trust into the doctors....might even want to let them know how you feel about it. But above all else, don't be afraid, have a strong will to come out of it with flying colors.

Oh, one more thing...lets us know when you are back home!.

Be strong!
---------------
DXman

I usually come out of these surgerys pretty fast and with lots of spunk so I may even be back right away. There gonna check to make sure that I dont have the Cancer in the internal pouch they built in my lower stomach I have been feeling not so good and they did blood work and there kinda thinking it may be in this pouch now after that theres not much they can do so thats why were hoping its just an infection now. Ill be home fast I recover fast just to get the hell out of there. So I say Tuesday forsure or late monday night I HOPE!! And with good news.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.