• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A completely UNHACKED Cobra 2000GTL LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever any of the critical things people say you cant take away my glowing testimonials nor the fact that I am a growng radio mod shop.
This only goes to prove that your customers know as much about radios as you do.

Also loosecannon I never read any of your posts on the net. I have gotten most of the mods I do from just looking around not from any one person and never from one of your posts that I recall.
I believe loosecannon in his earlier posts on this thread over you - any time.

Thank you for the muting issue mod works very nice and I am using it on all my 148`s I build now. And once again I tell people all the time that email me to check cb tricks and they say no thats ok I want YOU to do the work No b.s man.
Sure. They think they have a tech. They just don't know. I wouldn't have you change the oil in my car...

As far as the 1674 to 2999 mods I like how the receiver sounds and works after doing it and so do my customers. They state all the time that the radio is so quiet when idle and when some one talks it blows them out of the vehicle, what is wrong with that? I make damn sure the sensetivity is where it needs to be while maintainimg all the gain it should have.People all the time say I can hear things I never heard before or my neighbor cant hear who I hear, not my words their words.
Static is a normal occurring phenomena that is a normal consequence of a receiver circuit. Ham rigs have it that cost thousands compared to a couple hundred dollar CB radio. Get over your self. You haven't proved ANYTHING except that you please your customers and charge them - and they just lap it up.
Sounds like "Jim Jones CB Radio"; and I don't drink Kool-Aid . . .

Also my variable power mods work 100% like they should lowering the deadkey while maintaining full pep output with less parts and component changes. I dont volt radios nor do I do the npc mod. I think it is bs. I have heard a radio or 2 with it and I think it sounds bad. Just like the top gun mos they make radios sound horrible. And you can absolutly still check the swr by turning up the vp to 5 watts. That is where I set the internal vr to when I use the swr cal control for the vp. Look at my videos it clearly demos how it works. As far as the rf gain goes the blanket statement that was made as to the rf gain If I can do it I allways put the rf gain back in the radio with a dual control mic gain rf gain control and if I cant the gain is set to max or i ask the customer if they want the vp on the squelch control. I know what I am doing I can assure everyone of that and my testimonials on my website prove that fact. Once again study my videos and you will see what I mean. 99% of the mods on the net are garbage and I have tried alot of them beleive you me. My vp mods are less complicated than all the bs vp mods out there and Just because I dont do what everyone else does means nothing. I am innovate with my radio`s and I am all ways striving for perfection. And eventually I will use a scope to do the pll alignments when I am good and ready to do so. You can most definatly peak and entire radio by ear. You can see the peaks on a meter and you can hear it in the receiver If you know what to look for and listen for. I practiced from the time I was around 6 yrs old to 15 yrs old on old tvs and stereos in my dads tv repair shop shop and on am fm radio`s and I am confident that the radios are within specs when I am done. As a matter of fact a few people that I have done radios for have taken the radios to techs with the scopes and the spectrum analyzers and they reported back to me that they were right on the money. A guy I sold an ar 3300 to built collins receivers for 20 yrs and he check out the radio on all his equiptment and he said and I quote It was dead on all aspects of the alingment were within specs Anyone that would like to see the email I got from him let me know by email me and I will show you the email no problem, And robb while you have your oppinion thats fine everyone has one lol, You may not be able to do what I do and thats fine. I am one of the good guys that is un hacking the f`ed up truck stop radio`s all the time, once again look at my video`s and you can see what I am stating is true 100%! trying to turn around and educate my customers of the bull crap that fills the net in the cb world. I am very confident in my abilities and I am only getting better after doing over 500 radios now.
Wow - 500 radios. Just imagine how much more you will learn by the time that you get to 1,000 radios . . .
Still refusing to use a scope and other necessary equipment on your customers radios - eh?
AND you still tune them ALL by ear . . .

OK

We have given you a carrot several times along with several sticks on this forum in the hopes that you may see the facts. You insist upon your own way - which is patently wrong. I think your customers that can reason well will see by now in that you aren't doing real alignments. You have just said as much out of your own mouth - once again.

Just because you have worked on some sound systems and stereos - does not a radio tech make.

I studied recording and live sound at a bonafide school; but that doesn't qualify me to be a radio tech either.

I have done receive alignments by ear. Only for the receive though. On my OWN radios - by the way - before I got the right equipment to do it correctly. I have a pretty decent ear when it comes to sound; having worked in a recording studio will do this after a while. Then I got a RF signal Generator (the PROPER piece of equipment to this the very job) and found that I was off by 1 to 3 S-units (as this will change as the freq/channel is changed) on the very same radio. So I hope you can see the difference now. That is too great a difference.

The rest of a radio's alignment points MUST be done with the right equipment. There are no human hearing equivocations for them.

The fact that you know NOTHING about the NPC mod is just the icing on the cake that clearly lets me and others (who DO know) that you know VERY LITTLE about what you are talking about and doing.
Read what some REAL techs say:
http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-band-...-solid-state-etc-any-high-level-transmit.html

TO HIS CUSTOMERS:
Do what you want . . . Just be aware that he isn't doing alignments by the book. . . The standards when doing work for the general public are higher . . .

To the WWRF Mods: Sorry if I expressed my opinion too strongly on this thread. And if you see fit to change any of it, I would appreciate that. What I have stated is based upon my honest opinions - based upon the facts that have been willingly presented by the person in question.

Last edited:
:blink:

Anyone else detect major contradiction in the above statements? If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...

:thumbdown:

snake radio should be on Stan Lee's Superhumans show on the history channel as the only human oscilloscope.!

snake radio should be on Stan Lee's Superhumans show on the history channel as the only human oscilloscope.!

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif

No kidding...now that's funny!

He has also made it were you have to sign up to view his "bench" web cam, and then you can only see it for a limited time unless you have work done by him.
You must be a current customer or prior customer or a potential new customer to watch my live bench cam.

If you would like to become a customer contact me and let me know and I will give you access to my live webcam for a period of 3 days. this is due to people that cant act there age and attack me verbally

The question I asked is in regard to his web site, if you click through his web site that shows the radios he has worked on, one of the shots is a picture of a tone generator and sitting on top of it a a scope powered up.
it gives one the impression that a scope is used for radio work....that is why I asked if it was his bench.

Completed radios

Just click through the pictures, you will see what i was talking about.
To bad the Video of the cobra 2000 went away

Jeff

Attachments

• cobra 200 back panel.jpg
    cobra 200 back panel.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 1 person
He has also made it were you have to sign up to view his "bench" web cam, and then you can only see it for a limited time unless you have work done by him.

The question I asked is in regard to his web site, if you click through his web site that shows the radios he has worked on, one of the shots is a picture of a tone generator on sitting on top of it a a scope powered up.
it gives one the impression that a scope is used for radio work....that is why I asked if it was his bench.

Completed radios

Just click through the pictures, you will see what i was talking about.

Jeff
OK; I found that picture. Thanks Jeff.

Problem is in his own statements; he says that he does the receive - or more - by 'ear' without equipment. As well as not using a scope at all.

If he has one; then why does he say that he doesn't use one.
Yet he has said he doesn't - at least twice on this thread alone.

So what do we believe about him?
How do we know that he didn't borrow the equipment and just put up a photo to appease customers now that he is on the spot?
ANS: We don't.

If he is an honest fellow - as many claim he is - then why the inconsistency of having the equipment but telling everybody that he doesn't?
It's in this thread as a record.

Last edited:
snakeradios

Tim done a rebuild for me about 8 weeks ago and the radio sound better than it did before the work im told by the locals that I talk too so im sold on his work and would send him another radio

well one thing i can say for this thread is that it has brought out a bunch of new forum members.

i hope you guys will stick around and read through the other threads here, as you will no doubt greatly increase your radio knowledge.

Tim, be careful when making statements that are meant to show how much you know, as they can often show the contrary.

Please dont take this as me bashing your mechanical abilities. your soldering and wiring seem to be nice and neat.

all im saying is that it might be time to crack open a book or two.
LC

this is funny. pretty much a typical cb radio forum response by most everyone.

waah waah waah :( :( :( about a current topic, and then choose a new one to pick on.

lmao... carry on ... (y)

:pop:

well one thing i can say for this thread is that it has brought out a bunch of new forum members.

strange everytime a tech or antenna builder is taken to task on bullshit claims on this forum the membership suddenly gets a boast with a whole bunch of satisfied customers with very litle radio knowledge.
i hope you guys will stick around and read through the other threads here, as you will no doubt greatly increase your radio knowledge.

couldn't agree more

Tim, be careful when making statements that are meant to show how much you know, as they can often show the contrary.

better to say nowt and let people think your smart than to open your mouth and prove otherwise.

Please dont take this as me bashing your mechanical abilities. your soldering and wiring seem to be nice and neat.

the very reason i didn't bash the guy personally, i think with a bit more knowledge and test equipment he'll make a decent tech.

all im saying is that it might be time to crack open a book or two.
LC

you can never know too much, but its very easy to know too little.

his is funny. pretty much a typical cb radio forum response by most everyone.

waah waah waah about a current topic, and then choose a new one to pick on.

lmao... carry on ...

No, what is really funny is someone like Loose Cannon, who is very good ask`s some legit questions that get answered with attitude, after he has even contributed to the skill of the "Tech" in question.
To be a real true radio tech, one needs to understand how electronic`s work.
I have been playing radio for 30 years, been licensed for almost 20 years, repairing my own radio`s and helping others repair there own radio`s, trouble shooting, modifying.
I do not consider myself a tech.

Hey It is all good, there are people that can not solder a light bulb in a radio that probably should have some one else do there radio mods for them.
And , as Cannon said it looks like he does have good soldering skill`s, and can bundle wires very neat with tie wraps...altho i still say that using hot melt glue to attach a heat sink is not a good idea.
The Mod, has been around for a while, and it is better that some one with soldering skills installs it so the radio does not get botched up.
I am also sure that a lot of guy`s are happy with Tim`s work that they do not feel confident to do themselves.
It is NEVER to late to continue expanding one`s knowledge, or to be open to suggestions from others that are more skilled.

Jeff

Is this a radio forum or a b**ch session? Tell me. Are you not supposed to be learning from one another? I've known the guy in question for about 4 years now and I like his work. I always have him do something to my CB radios. The man shows his work on youtube, has a show on ustream where you can actualy see him working on YOUR radio and has a policy that I've actually seen him stick by, and that's if he screws your radio up he will replace it free of charge. Which tells me he has nothing to hide and is honest. How many others out there are doing this? I can do most to all this work myself but would rather pay someone who does it everyday to get the job done so I can go about my day. By being electronicaly inclined I know good work when I see it. Everyone makes mistakes now and again, who's perfect? There's a old saying, "IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, SHUT THE F**k up!"

retards

don't waste your breath on these guys. they think they know everything.
tim is very good at what he does.its a waste of time talking to the know it alls on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.