• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Dipole for your CB Base Station?

If a 102" stainless steel whip plus the 1" mount is used for the positive element and the shield of the feeder coax is used for the negative element with a RF Isolator mounted at the 102" point then that could be used as a dipole.

make a quick one and try it out, havent heard of anyone doing that,, and usually there is a reason. but thats all part of the fun , trying something. its only a dipole if it doesnt work you can always cut it down to the standard dipole length. if it wasnt 4*f outside here id go try it just for something to do

I've read that I would have a high SWR (10:1)trying to do that using coax and not a ladder line or a matching network at the receiver.

an antenna with pulsating DC MODULATED audio............ what an advertizing concept

That is an idea, say the matching network is actually a step up impedance transformer that amplifies pulsating DC audio.

Shit I will contact Jo-Gunn and be a marketing rep for them.:p:

Reactions: 1 person
If you can build a dipole you can build the skyper or bird yagi mentioned above. Great antenna. In fact the 2 element version( bird jungle job) is even easier to build . Look up Dick bird G4zu. R.I.P

Yes if you have them why not? If you don't it's a lot cheaper ,and just as easy to make a dipole.Often wondered why people go out and buy 2 commercial whips and mounts just to make a dipole for home use.( portable I can see the appeal)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.