• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A question about break-in period of a beam antenna

Kikker

May 31, 2013
Has anyone hear of a V/H beam antenna having a break-in period? The last paragraph in my assembly instructions states the following:

BREAK-IN PERIOD: This antenna is made of 6063-T6 aluminum tubing, which is the highest grade aluminum tubing put into an antenna. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for the antenna to gain maximum performance.

Will someone that really knows please explain what's going on here?

I would like to know the type of antenna and the manufacturer that states that if for no other reason than to write them and tell them they are so full of bullshit it's coming out their mouth and spewing all over everything they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Has anyone hear of a V/H beam antenna having a break-in period? The last paragraph in my assembly instructions states the following:

BREAK-IN PERIOD: This antenna is made of 6063-T6 aluminum tubing, which is the highest grade aluminum tubing put into an antenna. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for the antenna to gain maximum performance.

The aluminosity of the metal must align with the microscopic SWR grooves as predicted by Fluxx, et. al. before true radiationness from the cataleptic digraphene source can be fully extirpated. Since this process is locked in phase with the circumlocution of the moon, then OBVIOUSLY (duh!) it's a four-week happenage.

Any resemblance is purely coincidental. Some restrictions apply. See store for details. Do not drink liquids during this time - only solids and gases.

I trust this answers your question... :whistle:

Reactions: 3 people
The aluminosity of the metal must align with the microscopic SWR grooves as predicted by Fluxx, et. al. before true radiationness from the cataleptic digraphene source can be fully extirpated. Since this process is locked in phase with the circumlocution of the moon, then OBVIOUSLY (duh!) it's a four-week happenage.

Any resemblance is purely coincidental. Some restrictions apply. See store for details. Do not drink liquids during this time - only solids and gases.

I trust this answers your question... :whistle:

Pat's former job included writing promotional material for several antenna manufacturers by the way. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 person
About as logical as a Break-in period for a screwdriver or hammer.

Does the Break-in period go beyond the time limit for returning the product if it does not work properly?

This falls under: Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot.

Please identify the antenna manufacturer who has claimed this so we can add them to the list of suspicious ones that will say anything to make a sale or cover their asses.

Personally, whenever I buy a new antenna, I won't perform my first transmission on it until February 29th. And even then I wait until the moon is rising. ;)

Thanks Bob, I just had to know what one of the metal fabricators came up with this bright idea to cover their butts. It basically reads to me..."Once we get you to pay 3 times as much for this junk and you find out it works no better than a Maco, wait another 3 weeks before you start complaining to us about it".

By then it will be too late to return it or better yet you may become use to the way it works and decide to just live with it then to admit defeat and start all over again. It's nothing more than an overpriced antenna that is poorly designed but well built. I'd rather have a well designed antenna that was poorly built because they are easy to beef up the weak links.

SHAME ON JO-GUNN! Anyone considering buying one of these antennas should flood their email with questions about this impossible claim and watch them squirm behind their lies or be forced to ignore you altogether.

I can just see them telling a customer "You can't complain to us about the lack of performance yet, you still have another 36 hours before your aluminum is going to break in and start working like our advertising says". All I can say is LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Audio Gain?
When you send the email, ask them how they come up with that number.

TYPE: Horz. & Vert. Polarization Twin Feed
GAIN: 16.5 DB
FRONT TO BACK RATIO: 48 DB True
SIDE REJECTION: 50-55 DB True
BACK REJECTION: 48 DB True
WEIGHT: 41 lbs.
LENGTH: 18 feet
SWR: 1.1
HORZ. to VERT. SEPARATION: 25-30 DB
WIND SURVIVAL: 100 MPH
POWER MULTIPLICATION: 65X
AUDIO GAIN: 22 DB